I love December. In all its crazy, hectic, fun-filled, shopping, cookie making, gift wrapping, Christmas tree decorating, jam-packed self. I look forward to it every year and would not change it for the world. But every now and then, I need a little moment to recharge.
And at times like these, I turn to a Christmas grilled cheese sandwich that hits the spot everytime.
I love this one as it is pretty easy to make. The crunchy walnuts cooked with honey and orange zest pair well with the ooey goey warm cheese . And when topped with the cranberry sauce, it just rocks. Heck this might just be my Christmas morning eat.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled cheese sandwich with orange and honey walnuts and cranberry sauce! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled cheese sandwich with orange and honey walnuts and cranberry sauce
- 4 tbsp walnuts pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- Make the orange and honey walnuts:
- Put the walnuts and honey in a pot over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until the walnuts are coated and warmed through. Then switch off the heat and quickly stir in the orange zest.
- Make the sandwich :
- Butter the four slices of bread and turn them over un-buttered side up.
- Add the Comté cheese on two slices and top with the walnuts and cranberry sauce.
- Cover the sandwich bases with the other two slices, buttered sides up.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, place the sandwiches with the buttered side down and fry for a few mins until nice and golden.
- Turn the sandwiches over and cook on the other side until golden and the cheese is melted before serving.