That is because we have gone all grown up and got ourselves a fancy bbq with smoker and all. And we are still loving it. The kiddeos love it for a slightly different reason aka the lovely toasted marshmallows that they make at the end of every bbq.
This means that we have been bbqing away like mad. Meat, fish, vegetables and of course marshmallows has been happening on plenty an evening.
Mackerel has got to be one of my favourite fish. So it goes without saying that I have 1 million and one mackerel recipe ideas in my head, including these grilled mackerel fillets with a green goddess dressing. Quick, simple and easy. My top tip is to use a fish grill, especially when cooking the mackerel on the bbq. It keeps the food together, stops it sticking to the barbecue grill and makes the whole process much, much easier.
The green goddess dressing is also very easy to whip up too. This version has thick greek yoghurt, avocadoes and herbs which together make it so addictively good that I find myself eating it out of the jar with a spoon. Please do try both the grilled mackerel and the green goddess dressing yourself and see what you think.
What have you guys been cooking on your bbq recently?? Please do share as I need more inspiration for my lovely new gadget.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Mackerel Fillets With Green Goddess Dressing! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Mackerel Fillets With Green Goddess Dressing
- Grilled Mackerel Fillets With Green Goddess Dressing
- 6 mackerel fillets
- 1 large avocado peeled , destoned and roughly chopped
- 160 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 spring onions , roughly chopped
- 1 handful of fresh coriander , stalks removed
- 1 handful of parsley , stalked removed
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Honey to taste
- To serve
- Grilled vegetables
- Lime slices
Grill the mackerel fillets:
- Fire up the barbeque and wait till the coals are medium hot.
- Place the mackerel fillets on a tray and brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the tray on the barbeque and cover the lid and cook the fillets for about 5-6 minutes until done.
Make the green goddess dressing:
- Make the green goddess dressing by putting all the ingredients into a blender and blending into a smooth sauce
- Serve with the mackerel fillets with grilled vegetables, the green goddess dressing and extra lime slices.
Please pin me: