This grilled peach and goats cheese crostini is one of my super lazy lunch or supper recipes. OH just knows that it’s that time again whenever peach slices appear on the kitchen counter.
I tend to use my pantry staple (more like freezer staple) sourdough bread for this but a normal baguette would work just as well. I also find that a balsamic vinaigrette dressing really complements the flavour of the grilled peaches so you can very easily substitute this for or add it to the honey. And toasted nuts can give this some extra crunch.
You know what, a few years ago I would have called this a peach and goats cheese bruschetta. Luckily, I looked up the difference between a bruschetta and a crostini and it turns out that if it does not have garlic rubbed on it then it’s a crostini. So I guess I will not be embarrassing myself today with the wrong name :).
I hope you all enjoy the last few weeks of summer with this grilled peach and goats cheese crostini and please don’t forget to leave me a comment about what variations you have one yours.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Peach and Goats Cheese Crostini! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Peach and Goats Cheese Crostini
- Cut bread and peaches into slices, brush with some olive oil and set aside.
- Cut goats cheese into slices and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan and quickly grill the peaches on both sides for about 5 min.
- Then quickly grill the bread on both sides for a few min.
- Then layer the bread with the goats cheese and peaches, then drizzle on some honey and or balsamic vinaigrette.