Why not try your own fruity #LittleTwists pizza this summer. Start with this grilled peach, cherry and Parma ham pizza and add fruits to your liking.
So the kiddoes are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fans of making fruity pizzas with a side helping of meats. It probably has something to do with the fact that we all love, love, love Parma ham. Plus they get to eat half the fruit before the pizza actually goes into the oven. Oh what fun we have whipping these little treats up.
So I was more than happy to say yes, yes, yes when Sainsbury’s challenged us to whip up our very own #LittleTwists pizza. To tell you a little bit about the challenge, Sainsburys are looking to get all our tastebuds tingling with recipes that have an added little twist to them. So for example, they have jazzed up the Hawaiian pizza, with it classic pairings of sweet and savoury, into this rather delicious Parma ham and rocket pizza with a grilled peach twist. Recipe challenges like these are right up our street.
The kiddoes were even more excited than I was when our‘Peach-zza’ hamper arrived in the post. We had a mini, standing up meeting round the cooker to decide what was going to go unto the pizza. In the end we decide to go with absolutely everything, because why not. I did have use my veto power on the idea of adding in some leftover mashed potato.
I am thinking that this recipe will be very popular with kiddoes everywhere, and would make a fun cooking with kids activity over the summer holidays. I know that my two have already requested we make this for when their friend B comes over to play next week.
Do head over to the Sainsbury’s website to find out more about their little twist recipes including the rather delectable sounding chicken kebabs recipe with a hoisin sauce twist. You can also see more of their fun flavour twist recipes on social media using the hasgtag #LittleTwists.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled Peach, Cherry and Parma Ham Pizza! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled Peach, Cherry and Parma Ham Pizza
- 2 peaches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g (10.5oz) mozzarella thinly sliced
- Two precooked pizza bases
- 90 g (3oz) Parma ham slices torn
- 12 cherry pitted and cut in half
- A handful of rocket arugula
- Honey to drizzle optional
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Cut the peaches in half, discard the stones, cut each half into slices and brush the slices with the oil.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, add in the peach slices (in two batches) and cook for up to 2 mins on each side till done.
- Layer the pizza starting with the mozzarella, ham, peaches and cherries4
- Bake pizzas in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven, top with the rocket and a drizzle of honey if using and serve.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.