We have been lucky with the weather recently. Longer warmer days filled with lots of sunshine and fun.
So much so that I have started up my Sierra Leonean beach corner again. It really is amazing what you can do with a paddling pool, sand, a beach towel, some pictures and a little imagination. Yeap folks, I am right back there on one of the many gorgeous Sierra Leonean beaches.
Ok, so I may not be there in body but I am certainly there in spirit with this delicious grilled pineapple with a sorrel dip. Eats like these were the sort of thing we rustled up to greet guests when they arrived for barbeques. Super simple, delicious and fingerlicking good. And this time I have jazzed it up with the addition of the light and summery Sauvingnon Blanc to the sorrel dip. Just that little bit more complex.
Oh and what to do with the left over bottle of wine? Well serve it alongside the grilled pineapple. Your guests will thank you.
I leave you with how to make grilled pineapple with a sorrel leaves dressing.
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
- 6 tbsp Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped sorrel
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt to taste
- 2 ripe pineapples peeled , cored and cut into wedges
- Olive oil for brushing
- Whisk all ingredients for the sorrel and wine dipping sauce together and set aside.
- Heat the grill, brush the pineapple slices with olive oil and grill for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Serve the grilled pineapple piled high with the dip dotted around for people to eat.