Sierra Leone recipe / West African recipe : Jazz up breakfast with this grilled SPAM breakfast sandwich.
Sponsored by SPAM
Sierra Leone recipe / West African recipe : Jazz up breakfast with this grilled SPAM breakfast sandwich
It has been all about sandwiches in my house lately. I am talking grilled cheese sandwiches, grown up bacon sandwiches, okra sausage sandwiches, rainbow vegetable wraps and now this grilled SPAM breakfast sandwich.
Every now and then, I realise that I have got into a ‘lazy’ breakfast routine. You know the one I mean? The one where you grab the quickest and easiest thing to eat like porridge, oats or yoghurt. Because, you only want to spend 5 mins on breakfast before you rush out of the door to do the school run / head off to work / insert busy lifestyle thingy here.
So I have been making up for it lately by whipping up sandwiches for breakfast. My latest invention being this grilled SPAM sandwich, made even tastier by the addition of avocadoes, tomatoes, a fried egg and slathering of chilli mayo. Yeap it is breakfast in one big old sandwich.
It is super easy to make and is ready in about 10 mins. You can grill the SPAM or fry it along with the egg if you prefer. Do not skimp on the chilli mayo as it adds an extra little bite to the sandwich and makes it a little bit more addictive.
I hope you take the time to enjoy breakfast this week along with this grilled SPAM sandwich.
Sierra Leone flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and West African fusion recipes.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Grilled SPAM Breakfast Sandwich! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Grilled SPAM Breakfast Sandwich
- 200 g (7oz) easy open SPAM tub.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 sandwich rolls
- 6 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- Salad greens
- Preheat the grill to medium. Remove the SPAM from the tube and cut it lengthwise into 4 equal slices. Grill the spam for about 3-4 mins on each side until the outside starts turning crispy. Set aside in a warm place.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat and add in a small knob of butter. Crack eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are set and yolks are done to your likening.
- Make the chilli mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise with the chilli until combined.
- Assemble the sandwiches by starting with the bottom half of the roll, then the chilli mayonnaise, grilled spam, tomatoes, avocado, fried egg, salad green and sandwich rolls top.