Introducing you all to the bacon sandwich for grown ups.
As in taking the humble bacon sandwich to a whole other level. With a grown up twist.
And it’s all in the ingredients. I am talking fresh crusty bread, garlic mayonnaise, crisp salad greens, caramelised onions, sweet roasted peppers and smoky streaky bacon. And the clincher- a liberal helping of Stokes Bloody Mary ketchup. Yeap this seriously lush ketchup with a dash of vodka and a splash of Worcestershire sauce ‘COMPLETES’ this sandwich. Maybe I should call it the Bloody Mary ketchup sandwich with bacon?
A great lunch box idea and even better long lazy brunch idea – especially with a few Bloody Mary’s to boot.
Go. Make. This. Now.
The Grown Up Bacon Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- Stokes garlic mayonnaise
- Stokes Bloody Mary ketchup
- Baby salad leaves
- Caramelised onions
- Roasted bell peppers
- 2 slices of crispy cooked streaky bacon
- Spread some garlic mayonnaise on one slice of bread and some Bloody Mary ketchup on the other.
- Pile on the flavours on the garlic mayonnaise covered slice - aka the baby salad leaves, followed by the caramelised onions, roasted bell pepper and the streaky bacon.
- Cover with the ketchup slice.
- Eat and just forget about the world.