Introducing you all to the bacon sandwich for grown ups.
As in taking the humble bacon sandwich to a whole other level. With a grown up twist.
And it’s all in the ingredients. I am talking fresh crusty bread, garlic mayonnaise, crisp salad greens, caramelised onions, sweet roasted peppers and smoky streaky bacon. And the clincher- a liberal helping of Stokes Bloody Mary ketchup. Yeap this seriously lush ketchup with a dash of vodka and a splash of Worcestershire sauce ‘COMPLETES’ this sandwich. Maybe I should call it the Bloody Mary ketchup sandwich with bacon?
A great lunch box idea and even better long lazy brunch idea – especially with a few Bloody Mary’s to boot.
Go. Make. This. Now.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try The Grown Up Bacon Sandwich! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
The Grown Up Bacon Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- Stokes garlic mayonnaise
- Stokes Bloody Mary ketchup
- Baby salad leaves
- Caramelised onions
- Roasted bell peppers
- 2 slices of crispy cooked streaky bacon
- Spread some garlic mayonnaise on one slice of bread and some Bloody Mary ketchup on the other.
- Pile on the flavours on the garlic mayonnaise covered slice - aka the baby salad leaves, followed by the caramelised onions, roasted bell pepper and the streaky bacon.
- Cover with the ketchup slice.
- Eat and just forget about the world.