Sugar and spice and all things nice that’s what Christmases are made of. So why not combine these and whip up some spice flavoured sugar as an edible Christmas gift? So personal and useful, they are easy to make. Plus they last and last and last….
Green cardamom is one of my favourite spices. It is wonderfully aromatic with wafts of ginger, citrus, cinnamon and more. And, it tastes even better. Homemade Cardamom Sugar can be used to perk up hot drinks and bring a delicious twist to savoury foods and desserts. And as a friend says you have not lived if you have not tried cardamom ice cream.
When gifting this remember to throw in a cardamom recipe. In fact why not go the whole way and make a collection of sugars to give as a gift? Imagine waking up on Christmas morning to a set of citrus, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cocoa and cardamom sugar. The possibilities are endless. Go on you know you want to gift this……..
Below are some other edible Christmas gift ideas.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Homemade Cardamom Sugar! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Homemade Cardamom Sugar
- 250 g caster sugar 11/3 cup
- 1 tbsp of ground cardamom or
- 24 cardamom pods cracked
- Put sugar and ground cardamom into a dry airtight container and shake well. This can be used immediately.
- Or put sugar and cardamom pods into a dry airtight container, shake well and store for 4 weeks for the flavour to infuse into the sugar.
- Sieve the sugar to remove any seeds and pod and transfer to an airtight container.
- Decorate as you prefer and gift on.