Don’t you just love how the Air Fryer lets you quickly and easily cook up healthier versions of your fried food favourites. You have probably been whipping up crispy Air Fryer vegetables or juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts.
You have also learned the best 17 Air Fryer Tips and Tricks for making healthy, delicious air fried dishes that turn out perfect every time.
You will learn fast that keeping your Air Fryer clean is very important. However tempting it may be to just pack it away after using it, don’t. 10 minutes cleaning saves you the misery of nasty tasting food and (horror!) your lovely Kitchen Gadget not working any more.
You can easily get rid of the bits of food that build up otherwise (several times re-cooked food bits anyone?) and old oil – and we all know that old oil flavour don’t we. And none of us want to taste it ever again, do we?
Well this post is going to show you easy tips on cleaning an air fryer, how to clean grease from an Air Fryer basket and the things you SHOULD NOT do.
Items You Need For Cleaning Air Fryer
To get the best out of your Air Fryer you should keep it clean and the best way to do this is to clean it soon after you use it. Cleaning tools you will need are:
How To Clean Your Air Fryer Easily in 7 Steps
Make sure your Air Fryer is turned off and unplugged and cool before cleaning it.
- Turn off the Air Fryer. Make sure your Air Fryer is turned off and unplugged and cool before cleaning it.
- Clean the basket and pan. Remove the Air Fryer basket and the pan and clean them with some warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. You can wash them in a dishwasher if you prefer.
- Soak to remove stubborn residue. If any food is stuck on, you can soak the basket in a bowl of hot soapy water before washing with a non-abrasive sponge. You can also add water to the pan and soak it before cleaning.
- Clean the outside of the Air Fryer. Wipe the outside of the Air Fryer with a damp microfiber cloth. Then if needed, wipe the outside with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or microfiber cloth.
- Clean the inside of the Air Fryer. Wipe the inside of the Air Fryer with a damp microfiber cloth. Then if needed, wipe again with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or microfiber cloth.
- Remove food in the heating element. I needed, use a soft brush to clean any food stuck in the heating element.
- Dry everything. Make sure everything is dry by air frying or wiping with a clean microfiber cloth. Then put everything back into the air fryer.
Air Fryer Cleaning DONTS
Don’t soak the heating elements. Do not ever put the heating element bit of the Air Fryer in water. That would damage your Air Fryer For good.
Don’t use abrasive materials. Avoid using anything abrasive sponges or metal scrubbers etc for cleaning your Air Fryer basket. This will remove the non-stick coating on your Air fryer basket.
More Useful Air Fryer Posts.
- The Best Air Fryer Cookbooks.
- The best 17 Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
- Must have Air Fryer Accessories.
- Easy Air Fryer Recipes For Beginners.
Thank you for reading my How To Clean Air Fryer Post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.