It’s no secret I love soup. Yeap – looo000000oooove soup. This little food blog is filled with a gazillion soup recipes and this deliciously hearty Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is one to add to the list.
Perfectly seasoned chicken breast fillets + poached veggies + hearty spaghetti noodles in a broth = a match made in foodie heaven.
On of the best bits is that it is as good as your gran used to make but way way quicker to whip up in your Instant Pot.
Just think of it as a big warm hug in a bowl that is also filling, delicious and nutritious soup. Great for pulling out for quick weeknight dinners, cozy lunches, winter mains and as a cold bursting immune system boost eat.
Yeap, a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup makes everything perfect. And it tastes just as good the next day so meal prep and lunch boxes are totally sorted too.
Why Will Love It
- Perfectly seasoned chicken breast fillets pressure-cooked in the Instant Pot until they shred like butter with a fork.
- Hearty spaghetti noodles cooked in the seasoned chicken broth, infusing them with loads of flavour.
- Assemble ahead for a freezer-friendly meal.
- It is affordable and made with everyday staples.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- 8 qt Instant Pot.
- 3 qt Instant Pot or 6 qt Instant Pot depending on family size.
- Cutting board.
- Measuring jugs or cups.
- Measuring teaspoons.
- Sea Salt Flakes <= amazing salt that makes your food taste good.
- Bowls with covers.
- Store leftover soup in these bowls.
Now let’s get on to how to make this pressure cooker chicken soup.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Step 1. Choose the sauté setting of your Instant Pot and add in the oil in the insert.
- Step 2. Add in the onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 5 mins.
- Step 3. Then add in the chicken fillets, dried herbs, caraway seeds, garlic, ginger, rosemary, and chicken broth and season with the best ever sea salt flakes and pepper.
- Step 4. Close the lid, seal, set to manual and high pressure and set the timer to 10 mins.
- Step 5. Once done, then do a quick release, unlock and remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Step 6. Select the sauté setting, add in the pasta and sauté for 11-12 mins depending on your pasta.
- Step 7. Switch off the heat and stir in the chicken, lemon or soy sauce and fresh cilantro…
- … remove from Instant Pot, garnish and serve.
Scroll down for the full printable recipe
So there you have it. A perfect (and perfectly easy) recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles. Sooo easy, sooo filling and sooo good for you.
Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles Tips
- Tip 1. Vary spices to taste. You can use cardamom, cloves, star anise, etc.
- Tip 2. You could use water instead of stock but might need to increase the herbs and spices.
- Tip 3. Add extra chicken stock if you like more liquid.
- Tip 4. You could use leftover shredded chicken if you have it on hand. Add the spices directly to the chicken broth, cook the pasta in the broth and then add the chicken.
- Tip 5. Use homemade chicken stock if you can – it will make a big difference in flavor. (You can use leftover stock from making an Instant Pot Whole Chicken or Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.
- Tip 6. Try adding 25g butter (1/4 stick) to Step 3 for a richer flavor.
- Tip 7. Use chicken thighs meat if you prefer.
PREP AHEAD AND MEAL PREP
Prep Ahead – Make ahead and refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Time-saving shortcut – Alternatively, cook until the gravy is done in step 6. But don’t put the pork chops back in. Store separately and cook the final bit just before serving.
Freeze – Follow the handy tips below on how to freeze this.
- Let it cool down, then transfer into these very handy Ziploc freezer bags.
- Squeeze out all the extra air and seal the bags.
- Label the bags and then lay them flat in the freezer.
- Store in the freezer for 3 months.
- To thaw– remove the soup from the freezer the night before needed and let thaw in the fridge.
Can I Make This Gluten-Free?
Yeap, it’s easy. To make gluten-free chicken noodle soup, make the following changes:
- Sub the spaghetti with gluten-free spaghetti (be sure to adjust pasta cook time accordingly in step 5).
- Make sure to use lemon juice instead of soy sauce (or you could use a gluten-free soy sauce substitution like a Tamari-style soy sauce that is specifically marked gluten-free or coconut aminos).
Can I Make It On The Stove Top?
Yes you can. You’ll sauté the vegetables in in a sauce pan. Add the chicken, herbs and spices and broth and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and shred it and set aside. Bring soup to a boil and add your pasta. Cook until tender, return chicken to soup. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Can I Use Different Pasta?
Yes you can. Use other pasta shapes that you prefer. Just amend the cooking times and you will be good.
Whilst a hearty bowl of chicken noodle soup can easily be the main dish, you can also pair this with:
Other Soup Recipes You might like
- Instant Pot Soup Recipes.
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup.
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup.
- Instant Pot Potato Soup.
Weight Watchers Points
Thank you for reading my pressure cooker chicken noodle soup recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Get The Instant Pot Chicken Noodles Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Noodles
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 675 g (1.5 lb) chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp dried Herbes de Provence
- 1.5 tsp caraway seed
- 0.5 tsp minced garlic
- 0.5 tsp minced ginger
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 225 g (8 oz) spaghetti, broken into 2 or 3 portions
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice or soy sauce
- Lemon slices and chopped coriander cilantro to garnish
- Choose the sauté setting of your Instant Pot and add in the oil in the insert.
- Add in the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 5 mins.
- Then, add in the chicken fillets, dried herbs, caraway seeds, garlic, ginger, rosemary, and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid, seal, set to manual and high pressure and set timer to 10 mins.
- Once done, then do a quick release, unlock and remove chicken from the Instant Pot. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Select the sauté setting, add in the pasta and sauté for 11-12 mins depending on your pasta.
- Switch off the heat and stir in the chicken, lemon or soy sauce and coriander and serve.