This Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe is so quick and easy to make. Just two simple ingredients are all that’s needed to get sweet, tasty perfectly cooked corn on the cob.
Suitable for Vegan and Gluten Free diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
Cooking up sweet and tasty Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot is so quick and so easy, that you’ll never want to do it any other way!
With just 2 simple ingredients and 3 minutes, you will have sweet, tasty, and perfectly cooked Instant Pot corn on the cob. No more waiting around for water to boil. Other snacks you may be interested in are Instant Pot Green Beans and Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage.
Fresh corn on the cob is a true summer delicacy. Not only is it a BBQ and picnic classic, but it’s an ideal side for all sorts of main dishes. Serve corn on the cob with the toppings of your choice, or eat it plain, or do what I do and eat corn with this zesty Chipotle Aioli.
You can also cook corn on the cob in the Instant Pot, then cut the sweet corn kernels off the corn ears and use it in different recipes like delicious Instant Pot Enchilada Rice.
Why Make This Recipe
- Fast – Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is ready in just a few minutes!
- Convenient – With the Instant Pot you can simply set it and walk away. No more watching to make sure the pot doesn’t boil over.
- Diet–Friendly – suitable for those who follow vegan and gluten free diets.
- Fresh sweet corn on the cob – look for fresh corn ears that have bright green husks, plump kernels, and a corn cob that feels firm to the touch.
Ready to learn how to cook Instant Pot corn on the cob? Gather up that fresh corn, and I will show you…
How To Make Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Add water and then the trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
- Place the first 3 corn ears on top of the trivet, then stack the other 3 on top perpendicular to the bottom row (facing opposite direction).
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and turn the valve to the sealing position. Set to manual pressure / high pressure for 3 minutes. When done, perform a quick release of pressure.
- Carefully remove Instant Pot corn on the cob, top with the flavorings of your choice, and serve.
Tips For Success
- Make sure to perform a quick pressure release to avoid mushy, overcooked corn.
- Serving to the kids? Cut the cobs in half before cooking corn to fit those smaller hands better.
- Instead of trying to spread butter on your Instant Pot corn, try this hack: put dairy-free or regular butter inside a large zip top plastic bag and add the freshly cooked corn. Seal the bag and use your hands to roll the corn cobs around corn until they are evenly coated in butter.
- After cooking, pour out the water and melt a stick of dairy free butter (or regular) in the Instant Pot insert. Then drizzle or brush on top of the corn before serving.
- Leave on the Husks: Cut off the bottom of the ear of corn just above the stem and cook as directed. Once cool enough to handle safely, hold at the top, pinching the husk and silks, squeeze and push the ear of corn out of the bottom.
- Cook on Campfire or Grill: No Instant Pot? No problem. Light your campfire or grill to medium heat. Spray or lightly rub corn with olive oil, then grill about 4 minutes per side, making sure to turn it every few minutes.
- Add seasoning: Cook corn, then add some creole seasoning, Italian Seasoning, or homemade seasoned salt before serving.
- Try Different Toppings: top your cooked corn with Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped parsley or cilantro, or make Mexican street corn by topping with lime juice and zest, salt, and chili powder.
Meal Prep and Storage
Prep Ahead – a few days in advance, you can remove the husks and silks, then store corn in an airtight container, a freezer safe bag or wrap in foil, and then store it in the fridge until needed.
Storage – Cooked corn on the cob can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in foil and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Yes, you can! Pick up a package of frozen corn on the cob from your local market and then cook according to this recipe. You will need to add an extra minute of cook time (4 minutes total) to make sure your frozen corn cooks thoroughly.
Mexican Corn on the Cob, also known as street corn, is corn on the cob that is topped with lime zest, chopped cilantro, salt, and chili powder. Sometimes it is served with the addition of crumbled Queso Fresco (Mexican cheese), which gives the Mexican style corn a delectable creaminess.
More Recipes You May Like
- Air Fryer Steak
- Smoky Grilled Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Air Fryer Shrimp Skewers
- Chipotle Aioli.
- Sriracha Aioli.
Weight Watchers Points
Without additional toppings, there are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
- Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Accessories.
- Cups and measuring spoons.
Thank you for reading my Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice, and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Get The Instant Pot Corn On The Cob Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears of corns de-husked
- 1 cup (237ml) water
- optional flavorings: lime zest, chopped cilantro, salt , chili powder, queso fresco
- Add water and then the trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
- Place the first 3 ears of corn on top of the trivet. Then stack the other 3 on top and perpendicular to the bottom row (facing opposite direction).
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position. Set to manual / high pressure for 3 minutes. When done, perform a quick pressure release.
- Remove corn, top with the flavorings of your choice, and serve.
- Do make sure to perform a quick pressure release to avoid mushy, overcooked corn.
- If making for the kids, cut the cobs in half before cooking to better fit those smaller hands.
- After cooking the corn, pour out the water and melt a stick of butter inside the Instant Pot. Then drizzle or brush the melted butter on top of your corn before serving.
- Storage – refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Without the addition of toppings, there are 0 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
During the season for corn on the cob, this recipe is ideal! It can be made quickly and is ideal for any situation. It has a great flavor because it is roasted in a hot oven with some mouthwatering spices.
The corn dish you make is very quick, unique, and very delicious.
This small contribution of mine is in response to your excellent post.
This is the perfect easy corn on the cob recipe that you can make in a snap! Just place the corn on a cob and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through. Enjoy!
floating floorboards adelaide
I am very impressed with your writing bitcoincasino I couldn’t think of this, but it’s amazing! I wrote several posts similar to this one, but please come and see!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is a delicious and easy way to enjoy corn on the cob! This easy recipe features a delicious corn on the cob that is cooked quickly in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is a delicious and easy way to cook corn on the cob. Simply add the corn to the Instant Pot and turn on the pressure cooker. Cook until the corn is tender and delicious.
electrician north sydney
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is a perfect meal for any time of day. The corn is cooked in the Instant Pot and then served with your choice of toppings.
custom home builder perth
This Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is the perfect dish to enjoy this fall. It is easy to make and is sure to please your taste buds.
This recipe for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob is the perfect easy and quick meal. The corn is cooked in the Instant Pot, and it is then topped with a delicious and crispy topping.
pest and building inspection newcastle
This corn on the cob recipe is simple, yet delicious. Just put the corn on the cob in a large pot and cook until it’s tender, then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
New Home Builders Brisbane
This is the perfect dish to enjoy during the corn on the cob season! It is easy to make and is perfect for any occasion. The corn on the cob is cooked in a hot oven with some delicious spices, which gives it a delicious flavor.
Dental Crowns Chatswood
Stuffed corn on the cob is a delicious and easy dish to make in your Instant Pot. This dish is perfect for any time of day and can be served with your favorite toppings.