These Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans are the perfect side dish. Versatile, flavourful and super easy, they will make an ideal addition to your Easter table.
When it comes to a favourite vegetable side dish, green beans are hard to beat. They seem to pair with just about everything, and are easily customisable. And they appeal to both kids and adults alike, which definitely puts them at the top of the list in my house.
And cooking green beans in the Instant Pot means you can whip up a deliciously healthy side dish in virtually no time at all. Just the thing for those busy weeknight meals, for sharing at potlucks, and taking along to aaaaalllll your summer picnics and backyard barbecues!
Why You Will Love Making Pressure Cooker Green Beans
- A true dump and start recipe, this is a tasty side dish that requires virtually no effort to make.
- These green beans are flavourful, low carb and gluten free, making this recipe suitable for a variety of dietary considerations.
- perfect cookers
- This recipe for Instant Pot Green Beans comes together easily with affordable everyday ingredients.
So, are you ready to learn just how easy it is to make these Instant Pot Green Beans? Then gather up your ingredients and will will show you……
How To Make Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans
- Add chicken stock to the Instant Pot insert.
- Then add the green beans, followed by the butter and garlic.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing position.
- Set to manual/pressure cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
- When done, allow for a full natural pressure release.
- Immediately remove the Garlicky Instant Pot Green Beans from heat, top with sesame seeds and serve.
Tips for Making Green Beans in the Instant Pot
- Please do top and tail your green beans.
- Feel free to swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock if you prefer.
- These green beans are best served warm as the butter will congeal as they cool down. If you would like to serve cold, simply omit the butter.
- Remember to mix gently or the green beans will break apart.
How Long To Pressure Cook Green Beans?
Cooking green beans on high pressure for 0 mins (yes zero!) gives you perfect pressure cooker green beans with a perfect amount of bite. However if you like softer green beans, you can up the cook time to 1 min.
Either way, make sure to allow for a complete natural pressure release (that’s NPR in Instant Pot lingo) and then immediately remove from the heat. Don’t leave on the ‘keep warm’ setting or you will end up with mushy green beans.
Instant Pot Green Beans Flavour Variations
You can season your Pressure Cooker Green Beans in a wide variety of ways. Here are a few combinations that are amaaaaazing:
- Green Beans and Bacon: season with a generous portion of chopped bacon and butter. A true classic!
- Lemon Herb Green Beans: season with a combination of basil, oregano, parsley and thyme and lemon juice.
- Southern Green Beans: ham hock, onion, garlic and butter.
- Parmesan Green Beans: finish your green beans with garlic and shaved parmesan for a taste of Italy.
- Green Beans Almondine: toss with butter and slivered almonds.
- Vegan Green Beans: drizzle with olive oil and chopped fresh herbs.
- Szechuan Style Green Beans: garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and chili paste
- Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes: simply add some new potatoes or fingerling potatoes and up the cook time to 6 mins.
What To Serve With Garlic Butter Sesame Green Beans
Weight Watchers Points in Garlic Butter Green Beans
One serving of this Instant Pot Green Beans recipe contains just 2 Freestyle Points.
Thank you for reading my pressure cooker green beans recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Free Instant Pot Meal Plan Printables
Click below to sign up for my Instant Pot newsletter and get my monthly Instant Pot meal plans delivered right to your inbox. When you do, you can download the free weekly meal planner and grocery shopping list printables. Soooooo handy!
If you are already signed up to receive the newsletter you can still download the printables (and don’t worry, your email will not be duplicated).
Get The Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Garlic Butter Sesame Instant Pot Green Beans
- 1 lb (450g) green beans topped and tailed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic purée
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Add chicken stock to the Instant Pot insert.
- Then add the green beans, followed by butter and garlic.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the sealing (not venting) position.
- Set to manual/pressure cook on high pressure for 0 mins.
- When done, allow for a complete natural pressure release and then remove from heat right away.
- Mix in the sesame oil very gently, then decant and top with sesame seeds before serving.