Folks, are you ready for a delicious and easy Instant Pot recipe that will certainly land a spot in your list of go-to weeknight suppers? Try this comforting Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe that is full of the classic meatloaf flavours but doesn’t even require a minute in the oven. Even better, it has been made into an easy gluten-free and keto recipe by using almond meal instead of bread.
If you’re wondering ‘why make meatloaf in the Instant Pot??’ there are two main reasons:
- It’s fast. Instead of your meatloaf baking away for over an hour, Instant Pot Meatloaf only requires 22 mins under pressure. You’ll do a QPR (quick pressure release) with this recipe, so you only have to wait for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure (not too long) and the cook time.
- It produces a moist meatloaf. The Instant Pot locks in moisture, so you don’t need to worry about pulling a dry meat loaf out of the oven. This recipe will produce a lovely and moist meatloaf every time.
Instant Pot Meatloaf Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
- 8 qt Instant Pot.
- 3 qt Instant Pot or 6 qt Instant Pot depending on family size.
- Use the knife for cutting meat.
- Use this handy spatula for stirring the meatloaf mix.
- Measure out your spices with these measuring spoon set.
- Mix your meatloaf in these mixing bowls.
- Try this spice kit for different flavours in the meatloaf.
- Cake pan.
- Bowls with covers.
- Store leftover food in these bowls.
- **Check out my list of the best Instant Pot Accessories you can get**.
Meat loaf perfection. Now gather your ingredients and let me show you….
How to Make Instant Pot Meatloaf (Instant Pot Meat loaf) Step by Step
Step 1. In a medium bowl, with your hands combine all ingredients except for the tomato sauce and parsley.
Step 2. Place a metal trivet into the stainless steel bowl of the Instant Pot. Add 250 ml (1 cup) water to the Instant Pot.
Step 3. Spray an 18 or 22 cm (7 or 8 inch) cheesecake pan or push pan with calorie-controlled cooking spray.
Step 4. Add meat loaf to pan, making sure to spread out evenly.
Step 5. Make an aluminum sling and carefully lower the cheesecake pan.
Step 6. Select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 22 mins. When done, do a quick pressure release.
Step 7. After the quick pressure release, let all the steam leave and carefully remove meat loaf by the aluminum sling.
Step 8. Top meatloaf with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Instant Pot Meatloaf Tips
- Try using a combination of meats for the best flavour. Whilst Instant Pot Meat Loaf can be made with a single type of meat (beef mince is the most popular), the best meatloaf you will ever try is an equal combination of beef, pork and veal.
- For a lighter meatloaf, try turkey mince. However, you will need to add moisture to balance out the lack of fat. Add more (no added sugar) tomato sauce or extra veggies. The good news is the Instant Pot will lend more moisture to the meatloaf naturally so it will be moister than oven-baked meatloaf.
- You can sauté the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil before adding them. This will give the Instant Pot Meat Loaf an even better flavour.
- Be careful not to overmix your meatloaf. Overmixing the ingredients can turn the meatloaf into a brick (and that is no fun for anyone).
- If you have time, make your meatloaf the day ahead and let it sit in the fridge. This will give the flavours time to develop.
Can You Use Foil in a Pressure Cooker?
I hear this question a lot. Yes, you can use foil in a pressure cooker (that includes electric pressure cookers like the Instant Pot). In this Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe, you will use foil to make an ‘aluminum sling.’ An aluminum sling is simply a piece of foil made into a ‘sling’ that allows you to easily and safely lower and raise the cheesecake pan in and out of the Instant Pot inner pot. You can also see this in action on my Instant Pot Cheesecake post.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS IN Instant Pot MeatLoaf
- 11 Freestyle points per serving
- 9 PointsPlus points per serving
What to Serve with Instant Pot MeatLoaf
What shall you serve with your perfect Instant Pot MeatLoaf? Here are a few ideas for you…
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Couscous (using my How to Cook Couscous In 10 Mins recipe)
With a big piece of Instant Pot Meatloaf on your plate and one or more of those sides, you have a perfect easy weeknight supper on your hands (and your plate).
More Meatloaf Recipes
Thank you for reading my Instant Pot Meat Loaf recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
GET THE INSTANT POT MEATLOAF RECIPE:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot MeatLoaf! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot MeatLoaf
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 0.7 kg (1 1/2 lbs) minced/ground meat (such as a mix of beef, pork and veal mince)
- 85 g (3/4 cup) almond meal/flour (or regular flour if not gluten-free)
- 113 g (1 cup) shredded mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup no added sugar tomato sauce for topping
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- calorie-controlled cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, with your hands combine all ingredients except for the tomato sauce and parsley.
- Place a metal trivet into the stainless steel bowl of the Instant Pot. Add 250 ml (1 cup) water to the Instant Pot.
- Spray an 18 or 22 cm (7 or 8 inch) cheesecake pan or push pan with calorie-controlled cooking spray.
- Add meat loaf to pan, making sure to spread out evenly.
- Make an aluminum sling and carefully lower the cheesecake pan.
- Select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 22 mins. When done, do a quick pressure release.
- After the quick pressure release, let all the steam leave and carefully remove meat loaf by the aluminum sling.
- Top meat loaf with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
- Try using a combination of meats for the best flavour.
- For a lighter meat loaf, try turkey mince.
- You can sauté the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil before adding them.
- Be careful not to overmix your meat loaf.
- If you have time, make your meat loaf the day ahead and let it sit in the fridge.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release.
- 11 Freestyle points per serving
- 9 PointsPlus points per serving