This Instant Pot Orange Chicken! It is seriously THE best Orange Chicken Recipe you will ever try. It is bursting full of amazing flavours from the orange and spices but also made with lean protein which is just the best combination you could ask for. Your taste buds will thank you for trying this.
This Instant Pot Orange Chicken recipe is for YOU who loove takeaways but want to make healthier fakeaways at home. Especially when the meal is ready in less time than it takes for the restaurant to actually deliver it to you.
You know exactly what you are putting in this dish and all of it is the GOOD STUFF. Perfect for busy weeknights or just when you want to spend less time cooking and more time having fun.
We also lucked out as this recipe is 100% gluten-free recipe (thanks to gluten-free tamari soy sauce) although you can use regular soy sauce if you prefer. It’s also a Keto Orange Chicken recipe with only 6g net carbs/serving. See, all the good stuff.
Why This is the Best Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
It is a healthier Orange Chicken recipe. You don’t do any deep frying at all. Which also means it is an easier recipe. Win-win right?
It is an easy one-pot recipe. The ki,d of recipe that is perfect to make after a long, long day. The bonus is less washing up.
Meal prep friendly. Make a batch and meal prep all week long in salads, with rice, potatoes or even wraps.
It is gluten-free. Yeap, no need to worry about a restaurant sneaking in gluten. Use a gluten-free tamari soy sauce and you are good to go.
It is low in carbs. With only 6g net carbs per serving, low carb and keto dieters alike will love this recipe.
It can be made in less than 30 mins. That is the beauty of the instant pot with only an actual 8 mins cook time.
Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
So now guys, it is time to cook..
How to Make Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Step 1. To make Instant Pot Orange Chicken, mix together the orange juice, tamari soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Chef’s Tip: For better flavouring, you can add an additional 1/2-1 tbsp tamari soy sauce to your Instant Pot Orange Chicken sauce.
Step 2. Add the chicken and the sauce into the Instant Pot insert.
Step 3. Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to ‘sealing,’ select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
Step 4. When done allow to NPR for 10 mins then QPR and open the lid.
Step 5. Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp of water and make a lump free paste.
Step 6. Select the sauté function and add the cornflour paste, mix and sauté for about 3 mins until thickened and switch off the heat.
Step 7. Garnish with spring onion and toasted sesame seeds before serving your Instant Pot Orange Chicken.
Orange Sauce Recipe
The Orange Sauce used in this recipe is really super easy to make and is simply a mixture of orange juice, tamari soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and salt.
If you would like, the Orange Sauce recipe can be made ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator for up 2 days. To freeze the Orange Sauce, you can place it in an airtight Ziploc freezer bag and store it for up to 2 months. (Make sure you remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing it.)
Crockpot Orange Chicken
Becuase sometimes we just need to use our crockpots instead. I have got you covered. Go on over and check out the Crockpot Orange Chicken Recipe.
Stove Top Orange Chicken
Go on over and check out how to make Stove Top Orange Chicken in less than 20 mins.
What to Serve with Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken
Weight Watchers Points in Orange Chicken
If you replace the 1 tsp coconut sugar/dark brown sugar with a calorie-free sugar alternative, there are:
- 1 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving
More Must-Try Chicken Recipes
Shall I stop talking now so you can go ahead and make this Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken?
**This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Thank you for reading my easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for reading Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Get The Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot Orange Chicken! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- 75 ml 0.75 cup orange juice (sugar-free and bit-free juice)
- 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce or regular if not gluten-free
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or dark brown sugar use a calorie-free sugar alternative if on Weight Watchers or keto
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger puree
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 900 g 2 lb skinless chicken breasts cut into 1.5-2 cm pieces and patted dry
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2-1 tbsp tamari soy sauce optional; for IP version
- Mix together the orange juice, tamari soy sauce, cider vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken and the sauce into the Instant Pot insert.
- Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to 'sealing,' select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
- When done allow to NPR for 10 mins then QPR and open the lid.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp of water and make a lump free paste.
- Select the sauté function and add the cornflour paste, mix and sauté for about 3 mins until thickened and switch off the heat.
- Garnish with spring onion and toasted sesame seeds before serving.
- The cook and total time are for the Instant Pot version only.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release. Plan for additional time.
- For fewer calories and carbs, substitute the coconut sugar/dark brown sugar with a calorie-free sugar substitute.
- 1 Freestyle points per serving
- 5 PointsPlus points per serving