This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili will be the best recipe that you’ll make this week. I hundred percent know this because I have triple cooked and taste tested it for you and it worked every single time. Only the best for you guys.
The great thing about this Instant Pot White Chicken Chilli is that it comes together in less than 30 mins with everyday fridge and store cupboard staples and minimal prep. Everything goes in and the Instant Pot does the rest.
Oh and guys, this Instant Pot Chicken Chilli is that it ticks the chili boxes of being comforting, hearty and filling, all the things that chilis are known for. But on the other hand, it is also light and healthier making this the perfect meal all year round, summer, winter and every kind of weather in between. What’s not to love?
And if you would prefer a regular white chicken chili then I have got that here on the blog too. I have got you covered.
Why you will love this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- You can double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
- You can make this ahead of time especially as they flavours.
- Make a big batch and freeze for up to 3 months.
- It is immensely adaptable (especially if you are not bothered about keeping it white), add other quick cooking veggies as you please.
- It has no tomatoes, so less acidic (and great for people who can’t eat tomatoes).
- Add another cup or 2 of chicken stock and you can convert this into a white chicken chilli soup instead (great for meal prep).
Instant Pot Chicken Chili Tools
KITCHEN TOOLS, UTENSILS & APPLIANCES NEEDED
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure.
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe.
Now let’s get cooking guys.
How to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili – Step-by-Step Tutorial
Instant Pot lovers, I have got you covered with an Instant Pot version of this White Chicken Chili recipe. Follow the Instant Pot version (both ingredients and instructions) on the recipe card to successfully make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili.
The only difference in the ingredients is you will be using less chicken stock because the liquid does not evaporate in the Instant Pot.
Step 1. Set your Instant Pot to Sauté and add in the olive oil until hot.
Step 2. Add in the onions and sauté for 5 mins until softened.
Step 3. Add in the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for up to 5 mins until it is lightly browned. (To use cooked chicken instead, omit this step and add cooked chicken to step 4.)
Step 4. Add in the stock and quickly deglaze the inner pot (by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon) in case anything is stuck on.
Step 5. Add the rest of the ingredients ending with the beans (on top). Do not stir.
Step 6. Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to seal, select the manual setting and set the timer to 5 mins, and let the chilli cook under high pressure until done.
Step 7. When done let the pressure release naturally.
Optional step: You can mash some of the beans with the back of a spoon to thicken the chilli if you prefer. Or you can sauté the chilli for a few mins if you want it thicker.
Then garnish and serve.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Tips
- My recipe uses cannelloni beans, but you can use other white beans (like black eyed beans to your taste). Make this dish your own.
- You can easily use turkey instead of chicken if you prefer.
How to Make Crockpot White Chicken Chili
To make this a crockpot White Chicken Chili recipe, follow the non-Instant Pot recipe until the end of step 3. Then transfer everything to your slow cooker and cook for 4 hrs on high or 8 hrs on low.
How to Make Low Carb White Chicken Chili
To make a low carb version of this White Chicken Chili recipe, you’ll need to substitute the high-carb beans with black soy beans which are naturally low in carbs.
Weight Watchers Points in this Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
There are 0 Freestyle points per serving in this white chili if you replace the 1 tbsp olive oil with a calorie-controlled cooking spray.
What to Serve with White Chicken Chili
Other Chicken Recipes.
Guys, I got you some more chicken recipe you might like
Thank you for reading my Instant Pot white chicken chili recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
**This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Get the Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Instant Pot White Chicken Chili! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 415 ml (1.75 cups) chicken stock
- 0.5 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 X 400g tins 14.5-ounce cans white beans like cannellini beans or garbanzo beans
- 90 g (1/2 cup) corn kernels
- 1 small jalapeño chopped or to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté and add in the olive oil until hot.
- Add in the onions and sauté for 5 mins until softened.
- Add in the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally for up to 5 mins until it is lightly browned.
- Add in the stock and quickly deglaze the inner pot (by scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon) in case anything is stuck on.
- Add the rest of the ingredients ending with the beans (on top). Do not stir.
- Cover your Instant Pot, set the vent to seal, select the manual setting and set the timer to 5 mins, and let the chilli cook under high pressure until done.
- When done let the pressure release naturally.
- (optional step) You can mash some of the beans with the back of a spoon to thicken the chilli if you prefer. Or you can sauté the chilli for a few mins if you want it thicker.
- Garnish and serve.
- Cook time does not include time to come up to pressure or for pressure to release.
- Flat breads
- Easy Instant Pot Rice
- Homemade Guacamole with pita wedges