This make ahead easy Vodka Lemon Drop Martini cocktail requires only 3 ingredients. This crowd-pleasing and refreshingly tart Lemon Drop Martini Cocktail is one you will make again and again as it is perfect for the summer, BBQs, drinks parties and more.
Suitable for Gluten-Free and Vegan diets.
This Lemon Drop Martini is going to be that one signature cocktail that guests ask you to whip up again and again and again. Because it is refreshing, tart and just a little bit different.
And you will love making this Lemon Drop Martini recipe as it requires only 3 ingredients (although you can dress it up with more) and can be made ahead of time and kept chilling in the fridge until you need it.
Yeap, this really is the best Lemon Drop Martini Cocktail and is one we want to be drinking all year long.
Why You’ll ♡ It
- You don’t need any ice or a cocktail shaker to make this. It really is THAT EASY.
- It’s ready in just 5 minutes.
- It is tart, sweet and very refreshing.
- Use simple syrup that has been prepped ahead and stored in the fridge.
- Easy to double or triple the recipe for a crowd.
- A Pitcher.
- Cocktail shaker if you prefer.
- Glass or mason jars.
Lemon Drop Martini Ingredients
This easy Lemon Drop Martini is a sweet and sour vodka martini. And what is in a Lemon Drop Martini? All the good fun stuff that you already have in your pantry or fridge. You will need only 3 easy Lemon Drop Martini ingredients:
- Sugar syrup.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- A high powered blender if you want to crush ice.
The lemon wedges, lemon twist or lemon slices for garnish are optional but oh so good.
So are you ready to make this Vodka Martini Cocktail with a twist? Then gather all your ingredients and let me show you……
How To Make A Lemon Drop Martini
Step 1. Mix together the vodka, simple syrup and fresh lemon juice in a small pitcher.
Step 2. Chill in a refrigerator till needed.
Step 3. Pour into martini glasses, garnish with lemon slices and serve.
Lemon Drop Cocktail Tips
- Do make sure to strain your fresh lemon juice to avoid having a pulpy Lemon Drop Martini.
- Using a lemon-flavoured vodka would enhance the lemon flavour in this drink.
- Feel free to use a cocktail shaker if you prefer and shake away.
- For fun variations, use blueberry-flavoured vodka or raspberry-flavoured vodka instead.
- Make sure the Lemon Drop Martini is chilled before serving it.
- Do feel free to crush some ice in a high powered blender and add to your cocktail.
- For an even better Lemon Drop Martini experience, place your martini glass in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Adding a sugar rim to your cocktail glass is not necessary but it tastes soooooo good when you do.
- Feel free to add some cucumber slices when chilling for a slightly different take on this.
- You can easily multiply up the recipe to quench the thirst for a crowd.
How Do You Make a Limoncello Martini?
Great minds think alike. To make this a Limoncello Martini you would skip the sugar syrup and add in some Limoncello instead. Feel free to add in a dash of triple sec if you prefer.
How Do You Make a Lemon Drop Shot?
For a fun variation, you can make a Lemon Drop Shot Recipe instead.
Simply coat some lemon slices with sugar, add chilled vodka into shot glasses, drink the vodka and bite into the sugared lemon.
How Do You Make Simple Syrup?
- You would mix equal quantities of granulated sugar and water in a pan.
- Place the pan over a medium flame and stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow the syrup cool before decanting it into a container.
- Keep the syrup in the fridge until required.
Can You Use Maple Syrup Instead?
If you prefer to use a more natural sweetener, then you can swap the simple syrup for some maple syrup from your refrigerator instead. This will slightly change the color of the martini but it will still be the same refreshing tart sweet cocktail.
More Fruit Cocktail Recipes.
Hey Fruit Cocktail lovers. Why not check out these fruit cocktail recipes below to see if I can help quench your thirst?
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Easy Tropical Sangria
- Raspberry Mojito
- Pomegranate Peach Bellini
- Jamaican Rum Punch.
- Jamaican Sorrel Drink.
Occasions To Serve This Lemon Cocktail
- Summer gatherings.
- Girls night in.
- And more….
(PS – These sweet cocktails go down soooo easily, but make sure to drink responsibly and be mindful of your consumption.)
Thank you for reading my Lemon Drop Martini recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
Originally published May 2018. Updated April 2020
Get the Lemon Drop Martini Recipe:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Lemon Drop Martini! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Lemon Drop Martini
- 240 ml (1 cup) vodka (if following a gluten-free diet, confirm that brand is gluten-free)
- 120 ml (0.5 cup) sugar syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice strained
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Mix together the vodka, sugar syrup and lemon juice in a small pitcher.
- Chill in a refrigerator till needed.
- Pour into martini glasses, garnish with lemon slices and serve.