In the final post of the couscous series I would like to introduce you to this yummy lemon, lime and herb couscous.
I tend to serve this green citrusy couscous with the ‘sweeter’ stews, curries or vegetables to cut through their sweetness. If using as a side to meat or fish or roasted vegetables, I serve it with a yoghurt sauce to enhance the flavours. I often store it in the fridge for up to 2 days (although it is best to add in the herbs at the last minute).
No more chat needed. Just go ahead and try this easy couscous recipe and please leave a comment below on how you liked it.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Lemon, lime and herb couscous! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Lemon, lime and herb couscous
- 250 g (1 ½ cup) couscous
- Zest and juice of one lime
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 325 ml (1 ½ cup) boiling water
- 2 large handful of shredded herbs eg coriander, mint etc
- 3 spring onions finely sliced.
- Add the couscous, juice and zest of the lemon and lime, salt and water into a bowl.
- Stir everything very well, then cover with a plate and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then stir it again and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Using a fork fluff up the couscous and add in the herbs and spring onions and stir till well mixed.