The flavors in tropical pineapple, mango and lime loaf cake is guaranteed to hit the spot for Valentine’s day or any other special occasion.
This mango, pineapple and lime loaf cake. Yeap this easy loaf cake full of aaaaaaaaaall the tropical, and looking like it took aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the effort to make.
But you (after you’ve made it) and I know different right?.
It is quick, easy and packs a great flavor punch.
So, I kinda have this Valentines routine going. Most times.
One week before the day I start getting a little grumpy. Because I know that we are not going to go out as all the babysitters themselves are going out to celebrate. As Valentine’s day gets closer, my grumpiness increases exponentially as my Instagram feed get completely overwhelmed with Valentine’s cakes, decorations and very happy people sharing their VERY nice sounding plans.
One year there was even someone who surprised their partner with a trip to the Caribbean for Valentine’s Day. Totally over the top right? My grumpiness continues after the day as I then get to see all the loved up couples then posting their amazing experiences for the entire week after that. I mean stop it already peeps, stop it.
Jealousy, what jealousy?
This year I decided that since I can’t beat them I will join them and I will join them hard. I can’t go out, but I am bringing valentines home. Yes, I will go OTT with the decorations. Yes, I will cook Freddy some fab meals the entire day. Since I can’t go abroad for Valentine ’s Day I will bring abroad to me in the recipes.
Yes, I will bribe the kiddoes with tv programmes so they stay upstairs and let mama and daddy eat in peace. Oh and wait for it, yes you guessed it. I WILL share ALL these recipes on Instagram. Roll on Valentine’s week and day. I am soooooo ready for you.
For my Valentine’s day dessert, I figured I would bring a little bit of Africa to my kitchen with a lime, mango and pineapple loaf cake with added shredded coconut all topped with a coconut flavored whipped cream. The best bit is that I can make this the night before so that on Valentine’s Day, I can spend a little less time in the kitchen and a lot more time hanging out a deux.
How to Make Loaf Cake
Preheat the oven, line and grease a loaf tin.
Add the butter, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and lime zest in a large bowl and mix well.
Stir in the flour and shredded coconut until well combined.
Gently mix in the mango and pineapple and spoon the cake batter into the loaf.
Smooth the top and bake for approx 1 hr 10 mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven, let cool in the tin for 10 mins before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Make the whipped cream by mixing the cream, coconut extract and sugar together in a large bowl and whipping till the cream forms soft peaks.
Spread as much of the whipped cream on the top of the pineapple loaf cake as you want and top with some lime zest, shredded coconut and rose petals and serve.
Lime Loaf Cake Tips
- Feel free to add a little bit more lime juice or lime zest to the cake.
- Feel free to use either frozen defrosted fruit or fresh fruit.
- You can change up some of the fruit in your lime loaf cake to your taste.
Other Cake Recipes
Gluten-free Air Fryer Chocolate Cake.
Here is how to make your very own tropical loaf cake, guaranteed to make hit the spot with your other half (or for a girls night in).
Thank you for reading my mango loaf cake recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
African flavours – is the spot on my blog where I share both traditional Sierra Leonean recipes and African fusion recipes.
Get The Pineapple Mango Lime Loaf Cake Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Lime, Mango and Pineapple Loaf Cake – African Flavours! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Lime, Mango and Pineapple Loaf Cake – African Flavours
- Lime Mango and Pineapple Loaf Cake
- 150 g (5.3oz) butter melted
- 200 g (7oz) caster sugar
- 140 g (5oz) Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp lime zest
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 225 g (8oz) self-raising flour sifted
- 4 tbsp toasted shredded coconut
- 125 g (4.4oz) mangoes and pineapple defrosted and diced
- Topping the cake
- 250 ml (1 cups) whipping cream
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Extra lime zest shredded coconut and rose petals
Make the Lime, Mango and Pineapple Loaf Cake:
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 140C / 160C / 325F / gas 3, line and grease a loaf tin.
- Add the butter, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and lime zest in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Gently mix in the mango and pineapple and spoon the cake batter into the loaf.
- Smooth the top and bake for approx 1 hr 10 mins or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let cool in the tin for 10 mins before cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Make the whipped cream by mixing the cream, coconut extract and sugar together in a large bowl and whipping till the cream forms soft peaks.
- Spread as much of the whipped cream on the top of the cake as you want and top with some lime zest, shredded coconut and rose petals and serve.
win a ride philippines
Thank you very much for sharing such a useful article. Will definitely saved and revisit your site
okbet super jackpot promo
Hi! Was recently looking for chairs for my church. Came across the website see here . There are many different choices of chairs there; a large range of colors with different designs and shapes. The ComforTek brand was a delight with their prices and delivery. There is no problem in choosing. Plus, the website has all the information about warranty, delivery time and parts for them. Also, you can pick up church pew chairs , stackable church chairs and funeral chairs there . You can also find the right chairs for your church. Go to the site and see for yourself. Personally, I was pleased and ordered stackable church chairs there as well. They fit nicely in my church and I was able to buy parts for my broken chairs from the church before. I was pleased with the quick delivery. I advise anyone looking for church chairs right now to follow this link. Bye! And may God bless everyone!
I am very impressed with your writing totosite I couldn’t think of this, but it’s amazing! I wrote several posts similar to this one, but please come and see!