And I am busy eating these marinated strawberry cheesecake waffles whilst dreaming up my travel plans.
I NEED to visit the place that brings us the Empire State building, Central Park, MOMA, AMNH, Guggenheim Centre…… and that is just the sights.
Plus, all that food – bagels, cheesecake, pizza, hotdogs, chicken and waffles, pastrami sandwiches, donuts, burgers and much, much more. I just know that I will love everything about New York.
My New York dreams are soooooo being spurred on by Netflights who, have developed a rather fun New York minute tool. They have crunched the numbers to show us all what happen in a New York mine. Over 1,000 hot dogs or 150 pizza are eaten and more than 400 yellow cabs hailed and over 7000 cups of coffee are drinking. Woah, right? One day I will be contributing to those numbers.
For now, I will be visiting New York from my kitchen, combining two foods that I adore, and that New Yorkers love, into one fun taste of New York. Aka this marinated strawberry cheesecake waffles.
I mean what could be simple than adding a little cream cheese to waffles before cooking them? Then marinating some strawberries, mashing them with some lush cream cheese, then adding a few generous dollops of the strawberry cream cheese to the waffles and well, erm, digging right in.
Seriously, right this moment as I am 1) eating these and 2) staring at the pictures – I know there is NOTHING better. And peeps, I know you are staring and nodding along with me.
I am all over these mrinated strawberry cheesecake waffles and I hope you are too. However, if you prefer a different kind of waffle recipe then why not try these gluten-free vanilla buckwheat waffles, or these bacon and nutella stuffed waffles.
Here is how to make these marinated strawberry cheesecake waffles. Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag me on Instagram or twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes.
PS check out these other Netfligth inspired posts including the top 10 vegetarian restaurants in New York by Veggies Desserts.
This post is sponsored by some really lovely folk. Thank you for supporting them, as they make it possible for me to continue dreaming up recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Opinions as always, are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Marinated strawberry cheesecake waffles! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Marinated strawberry cheesecake waffles
For the marinated strawberries:
- 250 g (8.8oz) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped mint
For the waffles:
- 450 ml (1.9 cups) milk
- 125 g (4.4oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs ,beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g (10.5oz) self-raising flour
For the cheesecake toping:
- 250 g (1 cup) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp light Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
To make the marinated strawberries:
- Add half the strawberries, the maple syrup and the lemon juice into a bowl and roughly mash them with a fork.
- Stir in the remaining strawberries and mint and let them marinate for about 30 mins in the fridge.
- Make the waffles:
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Whisk together milk, butter and eggs and set aside.
- Add flour into a large bowl and make a hole in the centre.
- Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the flour to make a batter and don't worry if there are some lumps.
- Cook waffles according to your machine’s instructions until all the batter is finished
- Repeat until all the mixture is finished.
Make the cheesecake topping:
- Beat the ingredients of the cheesecake topping until they are well combined and stir in half the marinated strawberries.
Assemble the strawberry cheesecake waffles:
- Assemble the waffles starting with the waffles, followed by the cheesecake topping and finally the remaining marinated strawberries.
Please pin me: