Hey all, spring is in the air, the daffodils are coming up and I have some exciting news for you. The lovely Kate from i heart eating is guest posting here today with the deliciously sweet/tart Meyer lemon bars. Seriously all, go check out her blog and be swept up into her foodilicious world.
Hi! I’m Kate from i heart eating. I’m excited to be guest posting these Meyer lemon curd bars here today! I love (love, love!) desserts, and I am especially fond of contrasting flavors like salty and sweet or tart and sweet in my desserts. These bars are on the tart/sweet side. They have a rich, buttery shortbread crust and are topped with sweet/tart Meyer lemon curd. And since they’re all bright and citrus-y, they’re a perfect Spring dessert.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Meyer Lemon Curd Bars! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Meyer Lemon Curd Bars
For the shortbread crust
For the topping
- 250 ml (1 cup) meyer lemon curd
- Preheat oven to Fan assisted130C/ 150C/ 300F/ Gas2.
- Grease or line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Stir in flour until just incorporated.
- Press crust evenly into prepared pan.
- Prick the crust with a fork all over the base.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and middle is light golden brown.
- Remove crust from oven, and top hot crust with lemon curd.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- This can be served at room temperature, or refrigerated and served cold.