A few months back I introduced you all to debbie & andrew’s. These guys have an impressive range of delicious, high quality, high meat content sausages that cater for all tastes. Not only that, but their affordable premium sausages are also free from wheat, gluten and dairy. So no problem about the gluten-intolerant friend coming over (This is a partnered post).
But today’s message is much more than just the fact that these guys have great sausages. It is also about Coeliac Awareness Week and Coeliac UK.
It is estimated that about half a million people in the UK are living with coeliac disease, undiagnosed. So this campaign aims to reach those undiagnosed people and make them aware of coeliac disease and the range of symptoms associated with the condition. You can pop over to the Coeliac UK website to find out more about this disease as well as what you can do to help.
A series of charity walks (7/8th May) have been organised by Coeliac UK to increase awareness of coeliac disease and raise funds to support sufferers of the illness and research the causes and possible cures for the condition. debbie & andrew’s are supporting this by providing match funding of £2000. Awesome right?
They are also suggesting some gluten free recipes like these mini baked sausage frittatas which could help people wanting to eat a gluten free diet. Big hint here – they would be the perfect ‘snack on the go’ after the Coeliac UK charity walks as they are can be eaten either hot or cold.
I hope you put on your wellies and put your best boot forward for Coeliac Awareness Week and get involved in anyway you can. Every effort will help this good cause.
Why not check out this gluten free sausage farinata from Natural Kitchen Adventures.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Mini Baked Sausage Frittata - #GlutenFree! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Mini Baked Sausage Frittata - #GlutenFree
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 sausages I used debbie & andrew’s Harrogate 97% sausages
- 4 large eggs
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- 1 handful of rocket roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C/ 350F / gas 4 and lightly oil a 6 cup silicon muffin tray.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the sausages until they are cooked.
- Let them cool, chop them into small pieces and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them, before adding in in all the other ingredients.
- Spoon the frittata mixture into the 6 muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes until set and golden and serve.
- These can be eaten warm or cold.