This is one of the simplest, healthiest but bursting with flavours meals to put together.
And when the garden is full of juicy ripe tomatoes, I make it again and again. And OH makes his observation ‘ can you believe this tomato was only picked 5 minutes ago’ again and again and again. I don’t have the heart to tell him he says that every time and he probably does not have the heart to tell me that I make this tomato salad all the time.
It is essentially a healthy salad recipe with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella all topped with some pesto. For this recipe I have used a parsley pesto. But any pesto will do.
So what are you waiting for?
This is the final recipe in my pantry staple spotlight on tomatoes. Please also check out the slow roasted tomatoes with herbs recipe.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with Parsley Pesto! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with Parsley Pesto
For the parsley pesto:
For the tomato salad:
- Fresh tomatoes as many as you want
- Fresh mozzarella cheese as much as you want
- If you like your pesto chunky then whizz for a shorter time than you would if you want it smoother.
- Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Slice the mozzarella and tomatoes and arrange them in a salad bowl.
- Top with the pesto and a drizzle of olive oil and serve with some warm crusty bread.