So I have a thing.
A food love thing.
A I love you and you and you together thing. The thing is orange + almond + all spice make a really good thing. Totally loveable great thing. Ok, enough now with the thing.
These spiced orange almond muffins really bring a pow wow to breakfasts. Plus they tick the healthy muffins box all right – with very little margarine and very little sugar. So you can eat one or three with no guilt whatsoever.
The hardest thing in making this muffin recipe – zesting the oranges. But look at it this way, zesting is therapeutic and burns off some calories making these breakfast muffins even healthier.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Orange Spiced Almond Muffins! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Orange Spiced Almond Muffins
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine the orange juice and milk in another bowl and mix in the egg and cooled melted butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until barely combined. Note the batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon the muffin batter equally into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.