Hey all, have I got a treat for you. The fabulous Kristyn from pretty kitten’s kitchen has very kindly agreed to share a summer dessert series to share with you. So for the next four Fridays please come and see her mouthwatering sweet treats that will have you saying hellooooooooo summer.
Few things scream summer more than juicy peaches and tangy raspberries. And the two together — a proven combination. Not wishing to overpower either fresh fruit flavor with a heavy butter cream, I opted for heavenly, fluffy peaks of whipped cream instead. Chill these cupcakes well before serving for an especially refreshing treat.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Peaches Melba Cupcakes! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Peaches Melba Cupcakes
- Heat oven to fan assisted 160 C / 180 C / 350 F / gas 4.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners (I always spray my liners with a little non-stick spray to ensure the cupcakes release easily) and set aside.
- Sift together 192g (1 1/2 cup) flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Then add vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with the milk, until all ingredients are added.
- In a small bowl, toss diced peaches together with 16g (2 tbsp) flour to coat. Gently fold into batter.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean and cakes spring back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Once cupcakes are cooled. whip cream to stiff peaks together with vanilla and powdered sugar. Gently fold in fresh raspberries.
- Top each cupcake generously with whipped cream mixture, garnishing with a slice of peach (and a raspberry, if desired).
- Chill well before serving.