This Cookie and Peanut Butter Milkshake is creamy, luxurious, and easy to make with a few everyday ingredients and is super family friendly too.
This Peanut Butter Milkshake is very easy to blend up with just a few pantry staple ingredients for an awesome creamy indulgence. Even better is that it packs in some protein thanks to the creamy peanut butter. It makes a great kid-friendly dessert or snack and is loved by the whole family.
Like me Oreo Milkshake, You can now skip the takeout and make your very own sweet treat at home. It is over the top indulgent for those days when nothing but a cool sweet, comforting, use your finger to scoop that last stubborn drop of the Peanut Butter Shake at the bottom of the glass, would do.
Table of contents
Why You’ll Love This
- Peanut lovers dream milkshake.
- Super easy to make.
- The whole family will love it, especially the kiddos…if you make enough to share with them 😉
- Quantities are flexible so you can customize to your liking.
- ice cream– you can choose whatever ice cream flavor you want. I prefer vanilla in this recipe. But pick whatever will make your belly happy.
- peanut butter cookies– choose your favorite peanut butter cookies, whether it’s a homemade recipe or store-bought version.
- milk– we use cow’s milk in this recipe, but if you need you can substitute this for coconut, almond, or oat milk.
- peanut butter– pick your favorite peanut butter brand, I find creamy does it best, but if you want to give crunchy a try it’s probably just as delicious. You may just need to use a spoon to enjoy your milkshake rather than a straw.
- chopped peanuts– you can buy your own pre-chopped nuts or chop your own using a food processor.
- mini chocolate chips– you could even use some dark chocolate chips instead.
Soooo, let’s gather up these ingredients and I’ll show you just how easy it is to make this shake….
How To Make Peanut Butter Milkshake
Get complete ingredients list and instructions in recipe card below.
- Add ice cream, milk, peanut butter, and cookies into a high-powered blender and whiz until the milkshake is well combined.
- Drizzle some melted peanut butter inside of the glasses before pouring in the milkshake. Top with whipped cream, melted peanut butter, chopped peanuts, and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
- Add more milk for a thinner cookie milkshake.
- Add more ice cream or cookies for a thicker, stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth, eat-with-a-spoon kind of milkshake. It all works out to give you a little taste of heaven in every single mouthful.
- Trade out the whipping cream- try heavy whipping cream, cool whip, almond whipped cream, etc. Any of these substitutions would be great but they may change the consistency of your shake.
- Add in other sauces– to go along with your peanut butter, try some Nutella or chocolate sauce.
- Top it off– you can’t go wrong by adding on sprinkles or other toppings like Peanut M&M’s or other chocolate candies.
Don’t worry folks!!!! I know, at first seeing white stuff in your jar can be alarming, but it’s it’s just the natural oils from the peanuts being released. Over time these oils can start to pool at the top.
Guys, of course you can! And in my opinion, the more the better. This milkshake is so tasty, I promise you’re going to love it.
Mixing PB into your shake is easy and then using melted PB on top is just flat out dreamy.
Some other flavors that go well with this include – chocolate, jelly, oreos, bananas, apples etc.
PS – If you reallllllly want to indulge, try this milkshake with a vegan Peanut Butter Banana Brownie or Peanut Butter Avocado Brownies on the side. A perfect combo.
More Easy Drink Recipes
Tools You Need
- A good blender.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
Thank you for reading my Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
Originally published July 2016. Updated
Get The Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake Recipe:
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Creamy Peanut Butter Milkshake! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Creamy Peanut Butter Milkshake
- 4 cups (600g) ice cream vanilla or flavor of your choice
- 2 peanut butter cookies broken into pieces
- 1 cup (237ml) milk
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons melted peanut butter for drizzling inside the glass
- whipped cream
Optional extra toppings
- chopped peanuts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cookie crumbles
- Add ice cream, milk, cookies, and peanut butter into a high-powered blender and whiz until the milkshake is well combined.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter inside the glasses before pouring in the milkshake.
- Top with whipped cream, melted peanut butter, chopped peanuts, and mini chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
- Add more milk for a thinner cookie milkshake.
- Add more ice cream or cookies for a stick to the roof of your mouth, need to eat with a spoon kind of milkshake. It all works out to give you a little taste of heaven in every single mouthful.
This looks divine, I bet it was amazing. I love the look of an over the top milk shake, I’ll have to give it a try. GG
Next time you make this, don’t forget to call me over 🙂 looks so tempting !
I soooooo will.
April J Harris
What gorgeous, tempting photographs! Your Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake looks amazing. What a wonderfully indulgent treat!
Great use of leftovers! This looks delicious I am glad you had enough cookie left to brainstorm this creation.. yummy.
How amazing does this look! what a great way to treat yourself
Gorgeous clicks! This looks amazingly delicious!
Thank you Kushi.
I love peanut butter ice cream and this milk shake is right up my alley!!! Beautiful pictures…
Foodie blushing now Suchi.
Sarah @ Champagne Tastes
Holy moly.. I need this in my life. It’s so stinking hot here right now!
Go make one Now. 🙂
I haven’t have a milk shake for years… Looks so delicious!!
Hope this tempts you out of you milkshake exile.
Well, this is just mean. I haven’t had a carbohydrate in 3 weeks and you are taunting me with your peanut butter perfection.
Oh Lisa. Sorry this was meant to be a good thing 🙂
sue | theviewfromgreatisland
OMG pass me a straw, this looks AMAZING!
Straw passed on 🙂
Stunning photography! Sometimes it is worth throwing those “calories out the window.” This is one of those times! Your Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake looks wicked good!
Glad you understand Katie 🙂