So I, along with a huge number of you guys in the UK, am looking forward to the Bank holiday in a couple of weekends.
Yes ,that whole long weekend which will probably be full of family and friends, driving trip to go some some well missed relations, lots of walks, barbeques and some really good food.
Plus that obligatory smattering of rain. Lets be honest, it is the British weather we are talking about right? I have been the host and guest of plenty a bank holiday BBQ which has had to be abandoned as the rains had other plans for the day. And plenty too were we had to do the very British thing of keeping calm and carrying on in a rain.
This bank holiday we will be hosting our very own bbq. I have ordered some sausages, halloumi, vegetables and chops. Yeap, I am well stocked up.
I am going to cover all my bases and have this anchovy and pesto stuffed roast lamb as my back up. It is easy to prep ahead and stuff with the anchovy and pesto and bung in the oven for a few hours before hand. Just check out my video below to see how simple it is.
The hardest job is to decide how well done I want the lamb and I will rely on my handy (British made) SuperFast Thermapen 4 to help me decide when the meat is ready. Depending on guests preferences I will aim for 45C for rare, 60C for medium done and 70C for well done.
Yeap, I am all covered. Happy almost bank holiday folks.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Pesto Stuffed Roast Lamb! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Pesto Stuffed Roast Lamb
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp chopped anchovies
- 1 kg (2.2lb) Rolled shoulder of lamb
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 240C / 220C / 425F / gas 7.
- Mix together the pesto and anchovies
- Stuff the rolled lamb with the pesto mix and roast in the preheated oven for 20 mins.
- Then reduce the heat to fan-assisted 140C / 160C / 325F / gas 3 and roast for 10 min per 500g / 1.1lb for rare or 20 mins per 500g / 1.1lb for well done.
- Use the thermometer to check your meat.Your reading should be 50C / 122F for rare and 70C / 158F for well done.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 20 mins before carving.