In OH’s foodie world,
there is almost nothing better than homemade pizza
topped with roasted vegetables
and roasted garlic
plus some form of meat if possible. Most usually chorizo.
In mini chef’s world,
there is almost nothing better than making homemade pizza dough
and rolling. Good messy fun.
So one valentine’s supper pizza, two happy people. What more do I need?
Please also check out this herb and chilli pizza dough recipe.
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 450 g (3¼ cups) all purpose flour
- ¾ tbsp active dried yeast
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ¾ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300 mls (1.3 cups) lukewarm water
- Mix together the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl
- Make a well in the centre of the mix and add in the oil and water.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix dough until all ingredients are combined.
- Finish mixing the dough by hand adding in a few spoonfuls of water if the mixture is too dry and crumbly.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a large lightly floured bowl, dust the top with flour and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
- Leave the dough to rise till it has doubled in size which takes about 1hr in a warm place.
- Now turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock it and knead for a few seconds to remove the air.
- Split the dough into four portions, form into balls and roll out into a pizza shape.
This recipe makes 4 lovely thin crust pizzas. If you prefer just split the dough into 2 portions and make 2 larger pizzas. Recipe adapted from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.