I hope you all had an absolutely fabulous Christmas.
I definitely did and in true Sierra Leonean style the celebrations will continue for another few days.
And I had planned in advance so that I have maximum time to just play, and dance, dance, dance. Eldest mini chef insisted on this. So, the meatball are already made. The leftover turkey chilli, done, pizza dough, frozen. Jollof rice, sorted. Orange spiced shortbread, shaped dough in freezer. You get the picture.
But today – I woke up and wanted an unplanned festive breakfast. And the lovely juicy pomegranate that has been gracing our kitchen counter over the last 2 weeks just needed to be eaten. So a very understanding OH rather sweetly scooped out the seeds for me.
And a mere 15 mins later we sat down to these warm fluffy yoghurty pomegranate pancakes. They were almost too pretty to eat. Almost……….
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Pomegranate Pancakes! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 115 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate baking soda
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg or more to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt I used Total Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate, nutmeg, sugar and salt and mix.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk and yoghurt and pomegranate molasses and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until they are just combined.
- You will be left with a thick batter. It does not matter if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt the tiniest knob of butter in frying pan and add in a ladle of batter at a time.
- Cook the pancakes for a couple of minutes and when the top starts bubbling then turn over and cook the other side till it is set.
- Continue until all the batter is done.
- Serve with honey and pomegranate seeds.