These prawn coconut noodles were the perfect lunch for the perfect day.
Mini chefs woke up at a reasonable hour to glorious sunshine that lasted the whole day. We had plantains and gravy for breakfast and then spent an hour first on the trampoline and then on the swings. Everyone was on their best behaviour.
Then mini chefs ate their entire portion of their ‘yellow rice’ without a fight and went off to hang out granny and grandpa whilst we had a whole 2 hours off.
And those 2 hours were bliss. OH and I went for a 5 mile walk in the still glorious sunshine. We just walked and talked, walked and talked. And made a few big decisions.
And then we came back, quickly threw these prawn and coconut noodles together in 20 mins and lay in the sunshine and ate and talked some more.
Yeap, pure prefect bliss.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Prawn and Coconut Noodles! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Prawn and Coconut Noodles
For the coconut sauce:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions scallions chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Chilli to taste chopped
- 1 tsp thai red curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce or to taste
- 1/4 tsp palm or dark brown sugar
- 1 bell pepper cut into thin ribbons
- 150 g cooked frozen prawns
- Ground black pepper
- Large handful purple basil leaves
For the noodles:
- 600 g cooked rice noodles
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander cilantro
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the oil and add in the spring onion, ginger and chilli and stir fry for 1 min.
- Mix in the curry paste and fry for 30 sec.
- Add in prawns and simmer again for about 5-7 mins until the prawns are warmed through.
- Turn curry off and stir in basil leaves and set aside for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile warm up the noodles and set aside.
- Layer the serving starting with the coconut sauce, then the noodles, then some basil and coriander and lemon wedges and serve warm.