Happy almost weekend folk. I loooooove easy puff pastry tarts. Don’t you? And nothing can be easier than this Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart which makes the perfect breakfast, brunch treat and a super easy Fourth of July Dessert.
This is simply a sweet-tart topped with a layer of sweetened cream cheese, fresh seasonal berries, and a dusting of icing sugar. And the best news is that you only need 5 ingredients to make this. Yes, FIVE.
This colourful berries tart makes celebrating and entertaining easy during the Fourth of July, Summer, Christmas and a gazillion other festive events.
It has a lot going for it.
- It is a breeze to make with store cupboard and freezer staples – even the kids can whip this up in a heartbeat.
- You can start with a store-bought pastry crust if you prefer, making your life even easier.
- You can use store-bought whipped cream if you prefer too.
- It is adaptable, you can use whichever other fruit you prefer.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- It is elegant and sure to wow your guests.
- It tastes even better than it looks.
- If you’re looking for the yummiest of patriotic desserts, this is it.
How to Make This Easy Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart
Well gather all your ingredients and let’s do this thing.
Step 1. Bake puff pastry. (Or if you prefer then buy an already made pastry crust).
Step 2. Whip the Cream Cheese, cream, and sugar.
Step 3. Spread whipped cream cheese mixture on puff pastry.
Step 4. Add the blueberries and raspberries (but feel free to experiment) and dust with icing sugar.
Step 5. Cut into several servings, gather around a few wonderful people, and enjoy.
Once you try it, I think you’ll understand why I love it so much. Simple, easy, and delicious… perfection.
Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart Video
More Patriotic Desserts
If you’re looking for more patriotic desserts for your 4th of July celebration, here are a few ideas for you:
Puff Pastry Breakfast Recipes
If you like this recipe and would like to see more puff pastry breakfast recipes on the blog, please do leave me a comment below and let me know.
You could check out this easy puff pastry tart Caramelised Onion, Brie, and Brussels Sprout Tart.
Until then, I hope you love this Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart as much as I do. (And if you’re looking for more easy breakfast recipes, how about my Keto Pancakes and Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats?)
Thank you for reading my Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Part of what makes this tart so easy to make is the inclusion of Primula’s ‘Original Cheese’ cream cheese. You might know Primula best from their famous cheese tubes (available in six different flavours), but they also make dips and spreads. The folks at Primula make the good stuff: gluten free, no artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives, and suitable for mums to be.
PS – And did you know Primula’s profits go to charity? Primula is owned by Kavli Trust, a UK charitable organisation that donates thousands of pounds to good causes each year. How often do you get to eat good food and make a difference in the world? Not often enough, I’d say.
Thanks to Primula Cheese for sponsoring this post.
Originally published Dec 2017.
This 5 ingredients and easy to make Red, White and Blue Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart is a great festive breakfast or dessert perfect for the Fourth of July, Christmas, brunches and more.
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 150 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 400 g of berries
- Preheat oven to fan-assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.
- Prepare the puff pastry sheet by slicing a half inch border (careful not to slice all the way through) and prick holes in the pastry. If you want a golden crust brush the edge of the pastry with egg wash.
- Bake the pastry for 18 mins, remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Add the cream cheese, double cream and icing sugar into a bowl and whisk until combines.
- In bowl mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the cream cheese mix on to the puff pastry and spread.
- Then top with berries and icing sugar, cut in to portions and serve.
This breakfast tart is amazing with berries, but feel free to experiment with other fruits.