So yeah, Pumpkin Pie Spiced Scones.
Because when you need a tea time treat, and need it right now, along with your cup of steaming hot and milky chai tea then nothing, yes nothing but these Pumpkin Pie Spiced Scones will do. Trust me, I know these things.
Because, they are seriously over-the-top deliciously awesome.
Even the kiddoes agree, since they have been going along with my bribery of tidy your room / pack away the toys / do 200 jumps on the trampoline / share Mr Nelson (aka the monkey) and call me only ONCE at bed time and we will then make scones.
Every little helps, right?
How to make Pumpkin Pie Spiced Scones
The great thing about these scones are that you pretty much have everything to make them in your pantry already.
You need just 6 ingredients – flour, sugar, dairy free butter, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice and milk.
Basically, you add the flour, sugar and salt and dairy free butter to the food processor and with the press of one button you whiz it all into a bread crumb consistency. Yes you can do this by hand, but life is so, so, so much easier and quicker if you whiz it all up in the food processor.
Transfer into a bowl and add in the spices. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice to hand then that is ok, just use other warming spices like cinnamon instead and add little sprinkle of cardamom and / or nutmeg. This works equally well.
Then mix in the milk. Yes, deliciously creamy milk that takes this from breadcrumbs into a scone dough. Specifically, a2 Milk™ which is easier to digest milk that has only the A2 protein, not the A1 protein that has been discovered to cause bloating and all sort of digestive problems in some people. It has been shown to make a massive difference to some people who were previously thought to be lactose intolerant? Yeap, there is a whole lot of a2 Milk™ in these scones. Means my sister who struggle with regular milk can defo have these scones too.
So the scone dough done, you roll it out, and cut into shapes. Kids love, love, love, love this bit. My two have been known to stop ferocious arguing to cut out some scones.
After that you brush them with a teeny weenie bit of milk and make away.
Then sit back, and wait because 19 mins later these little of heaven come out of the oven all warm and fragrant and ready to be eaten straight away.
The only question being can you stop at just 2?
So here is how to make Pumpkin Pie Spiced Scones. Please do try it and if you do make it, then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes. You can also share it on my Facebook page.
Thank you for reading my Pumpkin Pie Spiced Scones recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
This post is sponsored.
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 50 g chilled salted dairy free butter
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 0.75 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 125 ml milk plus extra for brushing
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400C / gas 6.
- Mix together flour, sugar and salt and place in a food processor. Add in the cold butter and whizz until it reaches a breadcrumb consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in orange juice and pumpkin pie spice. Make a well in the centre, pour in the milk and mix into a dough. Knead for a minute to combine all the ingredients.
- Then transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat out till the mixture is about 2cm thick. Cut out 6cm rounds using a pastry cutter. You might need to reform the trimming and cut out a few more.
- Place the scones onto a lightly flowered baking tray, brush them with some milk and bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve scones warm.
Please pin me: