Hellooooooooooooo easy peasy pumpkin skillet cookie.
Folks, just incase you have not noticed we are in orange vegetable madness season. AKA, it is autumn and now we legitimately have a reason to eat, drink, breath, dream and eat some more pumpkin.
And I have been going along with the madness by making large batches of pasta with a pumpkin sauce and hazelnuts, mini pumpkin muffins and endless versions of this easy pumpkin skillet cookie. Just check out the video I made about it.
And guys this pumpkin skillet cookie is dangerous. It is one of those things that once you start eating, you can’t stop. I can’t decide what I like more, as the cookie dough is just as good as the final cookie. So I help myself to both. Twice the joy folks, twice the joy.
It is perfect served in wedges, with a huge helping of berries and maple syrups, or covered in scoops of vanilla and lots and lots and lots of toffee sauce. Seriously, you need to drop everything and make this pumpkin skillet cookie. Like now.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Pumpkin Skillet Cookie! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Pumpkin Skillet Cookie
- Preheat oven to fan assisted, 160C / 180C / 350F gas 4 and lightly oil your skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sodium bicarbonate, pumpkin pie spice and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar for a couple of mins until nice and smooth. Then add in the eggs and beat for a further min, before adding in the pumpkin puree and vanilla and continuing mixing till everything is well combined.
- Tip the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue mixing with the hand mixer until combined before tipping in the smarties.
- Stop the hand mixer and transfer the cookie dough to the skillet, making sure to spread the dough evenly through the skillet.