I have actually scheduled these Garlic Butter Shrimps post whilst I am in Paris, where I’m having a rather fabulous foodie adventure. I will be visiting markets and foodie spots, restaurants, taking cooking classes and meeting some famous chefs. Oh folks, I will be sharing my adventures with you when I get back.
In the mean time, I wanted to talk about these easy Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimps (or Garlic Butter Prawns if you prefer). This recipe makes a great appetiser, perfect for serving at Cinco De Mayo parties. They are also a super easy side dish that pairs well with all sorts of mains.
Looking for a way to spice up your usual Taco Tuesdays? This recipe for Quick Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimps is sure to do it. Just serve with black beans, salsa and my homemade corn tortillas, and you have a delicious Mexican weeknight supper. I just looooove how versatile dish is.
How to Make Garlic Butter Shrimps (Garlic Butter Prawns)
These quick Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimps are so easy to make and delicious. They are made with just 8 ingredients – garlic, butter, olive oil, cumin, chilli, spring onions, coriander and shrimps (or prawns).
You can cook them on a barbecue, on the grill or just on the stove in a frying pan – entirely up to you. I must say that I prefer the barbeque version, there’s something about the smoke flavour adding to the garlic and chilli.
Weight Watchers Points in Quick Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimp
There are 7 Weight Watchers Freestyle points per serving.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
To make this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp, simply add the juice of half a lemon to this recipe and you are good to go.
What Goes With Garlic Butter Shrimp
For a complete Mexican dining experience, serve your Garlic Butter Prawns alongside these dishes:
Thank you for reading my Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for visiting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
GET THE QUICK GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPE:
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Quick Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimp! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Quick Mexican Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped mild chilli
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 20 large raw shrimps
- Lemon wedges
- Fire up the barbeque and wait till the coals are medium hot.
- Melt the butter and oil together over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, spring onion, chilli, cumin and coriander, then fry for 1 min stirring constantly until well mixed and fragrant.
- Let the mixture cool before pouring it over the prawns and mixing.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and place them in a griddle on the hot barbeque and grill them for 2-3 mins on each side until they are cooked through and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Serve the garlic butter chilli prawns with lemon wedges and crusty bread with butter.