These quick pickled lemons are fragrant, spicy, sweet, tart and make a great alternative to preserved lemons.
I am addicted to social media.
There. I said it.
I would like to blame my lovely phone with it’s great big screen, easy to swipe open and very tempting tabs. Because they clearly jump out at me and say open me, check me, it has has been 5 whole mins since you last checked me, do something. Seriously, I am sure they are linked to my subconscious and somehow control me. Realistically though I think I am just a little bit addicted. Help…….
Drastic measure alert – I think I am going to start with a 90 mins social media ban once a day. Baby steps folks, baby steps. Freddy is giving me the yeah right look and am going to have to go all out to do this one. Social media, I will win.
In the mean time life gave me a whole lot of lemons so I made these quick pickled lemons which, are a more like quick preserved lemons Ottolenghi style. Fragrant, spicy, sweet, tart etc, I find them very addictive. One more lemon recipe up my sleeve can only be a good thing right?
Enjoy this quick pickled lemon recipe and don’t forget to tell me what you think.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Quick Pickled Lemons! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Quick Pickled Lemons
- Crush together the chilli and 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a pestle and mortar into a paste.
- Transfer the paste and all the other ingredients into a large bowl and mix together well with your hands so that the flavours get massaged into the lemons.
- Cover the bowl and leave the lemons overnight in the fridge.
- Then transfer everything into a sterilized glass jar.
- It will store in the fridge for 2 weeks.