Yeap, I am a convert. I smothered some quinoa with a wild garlic sauce (ramsons, ramps). I then topped this green quinoa with a whole load of grilled vegetables and grilled lemons and served it for brunch. I know I am late to this green sauce thing, but no more people, no more. Wild garlic sauce, paste, juice, whatever, you and I, friends for life.
What worked well at the brunch was having this wild garlic quinoa salad as the centre piece along with a whole range of mix and match toppings like grilled mushroom, grilled radishes, lemons, tomatoes, toasted almonds and crumbled feta cheese for the non vegans. The possibilities are endless.
Foodie tip moment here – don’t eat this before going on a hot date (vampires testing or getting rid of partner excluded). And Freddy insists I tell you that the grilled mushrooms are much better chopped up smaller than in this photograph.
So here is how to make wild garlic sauce quinoa topped with a whole load of grilled vegetables to your taste. Enjoy
PS this is the third recipe in my pantry staple spotlight on wild garlic. Please be sure to check the others out.
Also if you like mushroom recipes than why not check out these Stuffed Mushrooms from Kitchen Sanctuary.
Quinoa and wild garlic sauce with grilled mushrooms will convert even the pickiest eater.
- 2 handfuls of wild garlic (ramsons, ramps)
- 2 handfuls of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 260 g (1.5 cup) quinoa
- 650 ml (2.75 cup) water
- 600 g (1.3lb) grilled vegetables such as mushroom, radishes, tomatoes
- A handful of rocket (arugula) leaves
- Feta cheese (for non vegans)
- Grilled lemons
- Put all the ingredients for the wild garlic sauce in a food processor and whizz.
- Rinse the quinoa well and let it drain, then transfer into a pot, add in the water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 15 mins. Then switch off the heat, open and fluff the grains and let stand for about 10 mins.
- Mix in the wild garlic sauce with the quinoa to your taste and pile the grilled vegetables (and feta cheese if using) on high along with lemons for squeezing.