Jazz up lunch with this radish, avocado and egg mayonnaise sandwich
I currently have a small addiction to the series Sleepy Hollow. Actually, I have a rather large addiction. But hey, my blog, my way. So small addiction it is.
The sort of addiction that when lunchtime rolls round, I want to spend less time cooking and as much time as possible hanging out and immersing myself in all things Sleepy Hollow. It has got nothing whatsoever to do with a particularly dashing leading character. Of course not. Drooling over Tom Mison? Nope, it is all about those dastardly demons waiting to be defeated week after week after week.
Lunch needs to be easy so more time spent ‘erm erm’ watching the baddies be defeated. Which is why I jazzed up my standard egg mayo sandwich by adding in creamy avocado, crunchy radishes and spring onions and herby coriander. And the best thing is that you can boil the eggs ahead of time so when it comes to making your sandwich, it takes all of 5 mins to do. Yeap, this really is that ultimate sandwich recipe.
If you want more sandwich ideas why not make this lovely vegan tuna sandwich from Veggie Desserts?
In the mean time I leave you with my radish, avocado and egg mayo sandwich.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Radish, Avocado and Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Radish, Avocado and Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich
- 8 large eggs hardboiled and cooled
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 avocado peeled, de-stoned and cubed
- 4 spring onions finely sliced scallions
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander cilantro
- 8 Slices of whole meal bread
- Peel the eggs, roughly chop them and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, mayonnaise, mustard and salt till well combined.
- Add in the chopped eggs, avocado, spring onions, radishes, pumpkin seeds and coriander and mix till combined. Adjust seasoning.
- Assemble your sandwiches by spreading the egg mayonnaise mix on one bread slice, top with microgreens and then cover with another bread slice.