I have been eating and living asparagus for the last month and I would not change it for the world. Seriously. Asparagus frittatas, chilled asparagus soup, roasted asparagus and grape salad and plain old asparagus dipped in melted butter (especially with some Parmesan cheese grated on top – that really add something to it) have all been on the menu.
This recipe came about because OH loves chorizo and chilli so it was an easy step to add these two to some sweet roasted asparagus. He is happy, I am happy and we both get to indulge in lots more asparagus. When making this for vegetarians I simply omit the chorizo.
So try this easy asparagus recipe today and please leave me a comment below to let me know what you think.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Roasted Asparagus, Chorizo and Chilli! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Roasted Asparagus, Chorizo and Chilli
- 450 g (16oz) asparagus spears woody stems removed
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 125 g (4 1/2oz) halloumi sliced in thick pieces
- 125 g (4 1/2oz) chorizo chopped
- 1 mild red chilli deseeded and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to fan assisted 160C/ 180C/ 350F/ Gas4.
- Chop asparagus spears into large bite sized pieces and mix in the all spice and oil
- Add the asparagus mix and halloumi pieces to baking tray
- Roast for about 15 mins till asparagus is tender.
- Let cool and slice halloumi into cubes.
- Add the chorizo and chilli to a heated frying pan with no oil (as chorizo has its own lovely oil).
- Fry these for about 5 mins till the chorizo is crisp on both sides.
- Combine asparagus with haloumi, chorizo and chilli.
- Serve as a side and enjoy.