I am on an asparagus roll and this roasted asparagus salad is helping me indulge. You should too.
I am not going to bore you with how fab asparagus is. You know this already. I will just say that the nutmegy sweet roasted asparagus melds perfectly with the grapes in this salad. Topped with roasted onions and Parmesan well, you got the goods right there.
This is a very flexible salad and the quantities I give below are a guideline only. If you like or have more of one thing then simply throw in more.
So make the most of the asparagus season with an asparagus frittata or this super easy asparagus salad and please let me know what variations you have in yours!
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Roasted Asparagus Salad! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Roasted Asparagus Salad
- 150 g (5.3oz) asparagus spears with the woody stems cut off and cut in half
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 75 g (2.6oz) mixed salad leaves
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- large handful Parmesan cheese shavings
- A balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 160 C/180 C /350 F /Gas 4.
- Combine the asparagus, nutmeg, olive oil and salt, then transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 12-15 mins until soft and slightly browned.
- In a salad bowl mix together the salad leaves, tomatoes, asparagus and Parmesan.
- Drizzle on balsamic vinaigrette dressing and serve.