If you have an abundance of courgettes ( zucchinis) then this Roasted Courgette Recipe (Roasted Zucchini) is one for you. It is quick and easy and is perfect for bringing more flavour to those slightly large courgettes in your bounty.
How To Roast Zucchini
- Chop Zucchini into your desired shape and place in baking tray.
- Add the seasoning and oil mix well.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 mins (turning at least once) until are cooked through but not too soft.
This recipe is really a guide on how to roast courgettes. The key thing is to not to ‘over’ roast the zucchini so that they don’t end up too soft (although if you prefer them softer then please over roast away). Check them every couple of mins if you roast them for more than 20 mins.
Play around with the flavours and throw in whatever tickles your taste buds. On lazy I can’t be bothered to think days, I tend to vary between dried mixed herbs or dried mint.
Benefit of Roasted Courgette In The Fridge
I tend to roast large amounts of courgettes and just stick them in the fridge for up to a week. This makes life very very simple as it means I always have quite a lot of quick and easy meals and weeknight supper pretty much to hand. Then I eat them simply on top of some pasta with grated Parmesan, in a pesto sandwich, in a frittata or just thrown into a salad.
For the kids I mash the roast courgette into a veggie-loaded pasta sauce, add it to pizza or even use this to bulk up burgers. Adding these to savoury muffins, scones and other bakes can make them taste so much better. Trust me, these should always be a fridge staple.
Weight Watchers Points in Roasted Courgette
There are 2 Freestyle points in each serving of Roasted Courgette. Although the flavour won’t be as good, if you roasted them with calorie-controlled cooking spray, they will contain 0 points.
Need More Roasted Courgette Recipes?
This is the final recipe in the pantry staple spotlight on courgettes and I hope you have been inspired to try the roasted courgette salad with lemon, chilli, basil and crispy shallots, almond, cardamom and courgette soup and the courgette, yoghurt and mint dip.
Thank you for reading this roasted courgette recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, African recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you.
The original picture. I love looking back to see how much I have grown my food photography skills.
Picture updated August 2017.
Get The Roasted Zucchini Recipe
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Roasted Courgettes! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 5 large courgettes zucchinis
- 1-2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Handful of mint leaves
- Mild chilli chopped
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 180 C / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6.
- Chop courgettes into your desired shape and place in baking tray.
- Add in herbs, chilli, garlic, salt and oil and mix well.
- Bake in oven for about 20 mins (turning at least once) until courgettes are cooked through but not too soft.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Garnish with fresh mint and chopped chillies.