This roasted orange, asparagus and quinoa salad is just one of the many spring salads I have been eating recently.
Actually, I think it is my new favourite salad (at least for the next week as that is a long time in food blogger land). Last week the favourite was the lime, mint and olive quinoa salad. The week before that it was my guava and parma ham salad. You see how this could go on right?
It is simply a spring quinoa salad loaded with greens like peas, asparagus, coriander and spring onions all flavoured with some roasted red blood oranges. It makes me feel healthy, full of goodness, and not too bad for not doing as much exercise that I should. Plus it kind of balances out all doughnuts I have been eating lately (all in the name of recipe development).
So here is how to make my roasted orange, asparagus and quinoa salad. Please try it and let me know what you think.
For More Quinoa Recipes
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Roasted Orange, Asparagus and Quinoa Salad! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Roasted Orange, Asparagus and Quinoa Salad
- 350 g (2 cups) quinoa
- 125 g (2 cup) frozen peas
- 1 L (4 cups) water
- 1 bunch asparagus sliced on the wonk
- 2 blood oranges cut into wedges
- 2 large handfuls chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 4 spring onions (scallions) sliced
- Lemon juice to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to fan assisted 160C / 180C / 350F / gas 4.
- Place the asparagus and oranges on a baking tray, drizzle on some olive oil and season with salt.
- Roast the asparagus for about 15-18 minutes turning the asparagus once.
- Whilst the asparagus is roasting, rinse the quinoa well and let it drain, then transfer into a pot, add in the water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 15 mins. Then switch off the heat, open the lid and fluff the grains and let the quinoa stand for about 10 mins.
- Blanch the peas for a few minutes in boiling water and drain.
- Mix together all the ingredients (excluding the oranges) and serve with a couple of roasted orange wedges to squeeze over the salad.