One of the things I love about being a food blogger is that I come across a lot of food and recipes that intrigue me. It is easy to forget that I have not seen and I have not eaten it all, since I am constantly immersed in food. So I am always on the lookout for new to me flavours and combinations.
Like this sausage gnocchi bake from Chef Dean Edwards and Bacofoil. I was seriously intrigued at the combination of ketchup, mustard, milk, gnocchi and tortilla chips. I would never have dreamed to put these things together. I pretty much ran to the shop and ran back home again to make it as I could not wait to see the final result.
And my gosh, it was good. I photographed and ate it straight away (not even waiting to check that I had good enough photographs to put on the blog). I think this is now going to be one of those easy but good recipes that I will have up my sleeve for those after-school meals, pantry staple suppers and impromptu drop-ins eats. Do try it out and see if you think the same.
And please do check out the non-stick kitchen foil from Bacofoil. No need to add any butter or oil before baking or grilling your food – which makes cooking that much healthier. Simply pour on your sausage gnocchi mix, wrap it up, bake away and eat and celebrate about not having to do that much washing up.
Here is how to make a gnocchi sausage bake. Enjoy every mouthful.
This post is sponsored. Thank you for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue cooking up great recipes for you. All opinions are my own.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Sausage Gnocchi Bake With Tortilla Chips! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Sausage Gnocchi Bake With Tortilla Chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork sausages sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 small bag cheese flavoured tortilla chips
- Bacofoil Non-Stick foil
- Preheat the oven to fan-assisted 160C / 180C / 350F/ gas 4.
- Remove them from the pan and wrap in some Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil to keep warm then set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry until for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the peppers, evaporated milk, ketchup, mustard and 2/3 of the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Mix in the gnocchi and sausage pieces, season and combine well.
- Take a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil, dull side up, 2 ½ times the size of the baking dish then line an oven proof dish
- Pour in the gnocchi mix, then pull up the foil and fold the ends to make a loose parcel and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven; open the foil then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and crushed tortillas and bake uncovered for a further 20 minutes or until golden.
- Leave the sausage gnocchi bake to stand for a couple of minutes before serving with a salad.