In my mind, hot summer days always call for deliciously cooling treats like ice cream and frozen yoghurts. So I dust off my ice cream maker and clear a permanent space for it in the freezer. Well permanent until sometime well into the autumn.
Then I get creative with frozen yogurt combinations. Mini chefs definitely have their own ideas too which somehow always seem to involve raspberry. This year I was determined to beat all my previous frozen yoghurt creations.
I literally went into the pantry and looked though all the things that I would not automatically pair with cool sweet treats. And there they were – those rather loveable black sesame seeds. OH had a rather incredulous looks on his face when he saw ingredients on the counter top.
This is a pretty simple recipe actually with only 3 ingredients. Crushed toasted black sesame seeds, a dribble of honey and good Greek yoghurt like Total Greek – throw them in an ice cream maker, and sit back and watch as this deliciously different toasted black sesame yoghurt comes out.
OH’s verdict – I would eat this again – high praise. Should I add in lemon. Nope. Should I add in more honey, nope Bintu, I would leave it exactly as is.
So I left it as it and I love it.
More Healthy Desserts
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Toasted Black Sesame Frozen Yoghurt! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Toasted Black Sesame Frozen Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 500 g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey or more for a sweeter treat
- Toast the sesame seeds for about 3 mins on medium heat.
- Transfer seeds to a pestle and mortar and grind until they form a paste.
- The smoother the paste the smoother the texture of the frozen yoghurt will be - so you might want to spend a bit of time getting a smooth paste.
- Mix the sesame paste with all the other ingredients and chill for a few hours.
- Pour mix into your ice cream maker and follow your machines instructions.
- Eat immediately or freeze for later.