I really do like this slow cooked lentil curry.
Infact, I would even put it out there and say I love this lentil curry.
It’s not just that it tastes good, because of course it does. It is actually because it is soooooooo easy to make. As in – put everything into your slow cooker (crockpot), cover it, press go and come back 4 hours later. Sorted. This is one I bring out when cooking for a crowd and it never really fails to please. I do use it for my girlie get together in the colder months as one of the main vegetarian and vegan options.
Tip moment here – this recipe frees you up to do all the other things you need to do before the guests arrive i.e. a pamper bath, desserts, read, whatever. Or if you are like me you have time to manically shove mini chefs toys behind the sofa, in cupboards and even in the pantry so that the house looks nice and tidy. Yeap, there have been days when I find lego in the baking trays and Dora the explorer in the bread tins.
I use the brown lentils rather than the red lentils for this curry but do feel free to try other lentil to your taste.
Now repeat after me – I will go shove everything into my slow cooker and then make time for me, four whole hours for me, me, me………
Linking this up at The Spice Trail Challenge hosted by Bangers and Mash.
Slow Cooker Coconut Lentil Curry
- 250 g (8 3/4oz) brown lentils washed
- 1 L (4 1/4 cups) vegetable stock
- 200 g (7oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1-2 tsp garam masala to taste
- Chilli to taste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) coconut milk
- Put all the ingredients except the coconut milk into your slow cooker and stir them together.
- Cook on high for 4 hours until lentils are cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut milk, adjust seasoning and serve.