A slow cooker spiced pear juice that can be prepares ahead of time for long lazy brunches.
As we slowly move into autumn, my mind is filled with the thought of warming spices. I imaging walking into my kitchen, wood burning stove at full blast, to be greeted the fragrance of cinnamon, cloves, lemons and more. I imagine long weekend brunches, filled with adult catch ups and kids running round the kitchen table stuffing themselves with make ahead chai courgette muffins, chocolate orange muffins and delicious no hassle drinks.
So enter this slow cooked spiced pear juice made in my Multicooker Redmond. It is as simple as throwing the pear juice and spices into the slow cooker and pressing go. Two hours later and you got yourself a warming pear juice. Something for both children and adults to drink that can be prepared ahead of time.
As you know I am seriously loving the Multicooker Redmond and intend to put its slow cooking function to full use over the winter. How great would it be to come home to a simmering slow cooked lunch or supper. The Multicooker will also come in very handy in whipping up breakfast porridges and delicious filling stews. Do go check out the Multicooker Remond and see how many of it’s 45 different cooking function you can work your way through this winter.
Here is how to make spiced pear juice.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorns
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Switch the Multicooker Redmond on, select the slow cooking function and set to 2 hrs.
- Add all the ingredients to the cooking bowl, cover, select go and let cook until the programme finishes.
- Strain the juice through a sieve and serve warm with slices of pear.
- You can also refrigerate the cooled juice for a couple of days.