One of my smoky chilli-marinated grilled pork tacos recipes
The thing about going on a good holiday is that when I get back, all I want to do is go on another holiday. Seriously, I can never go on enough holidays and I get into a mini funk for the first few days back home. So over the years, I have developed a few ways of dealing with my mini holidays blues.
1) Do a lot of nice things when I get back home.
2) Listen to some happy music. Then repeat.
3) Pretend I am still on holiday by cooking and eating holiday food.
By holiday food I mean things like these “to die for,” healthier, smoky chilli-marinated grilled pork tacos. Which are loaded to the brim with guacamole, spring onions and crunchy shredded cabbage. How can I be sad when I sit down to these tacos three nights in a row? Just so you know, this is one of my many pork tacos recipes in my repertoire – more to come on the blog soonish.
And they are pretty easy to make too. I simply marinated the pork in a smoky chilli sauce for about 30 mins before grilling it. So go hunt round in your pantry for that long forgotten chilli sauce and make these. And if you don’t have the soft tacos then just use pita or any other flat bread instead.
So here is my healthier smoky chilli-marinated grilled pork tacos recipe. I hope you enjoy every mouthful.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Smoky Grilled Pork Tacos + Tefal Optigrill Review! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Smoky Grilled Pork Tacos + Tefal Optigrill Review
- 3 tbsp smoky chilli sauce
- Soft tacos
- Shredded cabbage
- Sliced spring onions (scallions)
- Sliced chillies
- Mix together the pork, chilli sauce and salt in a bowl and let marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat your Tefal OptiGrill (red meat setting) or your griddle pan.
- If using the Tefal OptiGrill, add the whole pork steak to the grill plate, cover it and cook to your desired doneness.
- If using a griddle pan then add the pork steak, cook on one side, turn and cook on the other side to your desired doneness.
- When cooked, cut the meat unto slices and then create your tacos by starting with the soft tortillas and pilling them with the meat, vegetables, chilli and guacamole.