Roasted cashew nuts are one of the easiest and quickest snacks to throw together for entertaining. They can be sweet or savoury, spicy or herby or a combination of these if you fancy. Believe me when I say it is such fun coming up with versions of roasted cashews to go with themed film nights. Anyone who can give me a tip on what flavours would go with Breakfast at Tiffany’s will be my friend forever.
I tend to make this spicy version of roasted cashews as OH prefers spice to sweet. And they smell particularly delicious as guests walk in to a cool cocktail. Just make sure that you have enough as the bowl tends to empty as fast as you can fill it.
This recipe is also useful as a guide on how to roast cashews. They key is to roast them in a single layer in the oven and turn them a couple of times whilst cooking so they roast evenly on all sides.
Oh and don’t hesitate to roast double the quantity of cashews and keep some back for yourself to munch on once those lovely guests have all left. You will need them after all that hard entertaining you have just done =D.
Spicy Roasted Cashew Nuts
- 100 g (1 cup) raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oil
- Pre-heat oven to fan assisted 140C /160C / 325F /Gas 3.
- Line a roasting tray with baking parchment.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread out spiced cashews in a single layer on the roasting tray.
- Roast for about 15 min turning them twice to ensure they are evenly roasted
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Now try very hard to keep your hands off them till the guest arrive.
- Serve and enjoy.