Hey folks. Have I ever told you I have contributed recipes to a print magazine? Yeap, little old me has been contributing a series of healthy recipes to Superfood Magazine. One and half years down the line, I still have the ‘I really am doing this’ moments. Me, Bintu, in PRINT.
Being in print was almost at the top of the list of things I wanted to achieve as part of my food blogging journey. And I am so chuffed about doing it, that I always have a Superfood Magazine issue by my bedside to remind me that I got there.
I remember being worried after submitting the first set of pictures to them. I second guessed myself quite a bit wondering if I did the pictures right, If I choose the right set to send, if I edited them right etc etc. The recipes I was happy with after double or triple testing them. Oh the relief, when the editor said yes, we really like your pictures. And even more relief when the magazine came through the post. I absolutely want to do this forever.
These chicken lettuce wraps with a spicy yoghurt was part of a series of healthy lunchbox ideas for the Superfood Summer Vitality 2016 issue. It is simply lean grilled chicken breasts, served in fresh lettuce wraps with a spicy lemony and chilli yoghurt dressing. Great not just for lunchboxes, but for brunches, picnics and light summer suppers too.
If you want to pack them in a lunch box, then I suggest you keep your grilled chicken, lettuce and chopped veggies separate from the yogurt sauce and assemble them just before eating. You can easily substitute the chicken for other lean meats or fish too.
Here is how to make these spicy yoghurt chicken lettuce wraps and enjoy every mouthful.
These spicy yoghurt chicken lettuce wraps first appeared in Superfood Summer Vitality.
Spicy Yoghurt Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the grilled chicken:
- 2 lean chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the spicy yoghurt sauce:
- 250 ml (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Lettuce leaves
- Red cabbage shredded
- Mild chillies sliced
- Spring onions scallions, sliced
- Brush the chicken breasts with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breast fillets under a preheated grill for about 2-3 minutes per each side until done.
- Shred the chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Make the spicy yoghurt sauce by mixing together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the shredded chicken into the spicy yoghurt sauce until all the pieces are well coated.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves and top with the cabbage, chilli and spring onions.