Whipping up this spring vegetable platter got me thinking that I have never actually shared a platter recipe with you.
It is not that I don’t make veggie platters, it is just that I think they are so easy that it never occurs to me to photograph them and share them on the blog. But look at that veggie platter right there. I mean green vegetables + more crunchy vegetables + a few colourful vegetables + a green goddess dip = awesome veggie platter. Take a look at this and tell me you are not already in foodie love.
So for this version I have fallen to those spring favourite veggies aka asparagus, tender stem broccoli, spring onions and radishes. I also added in some green including sorrel. Although I have used specific veggies here, you could just head over to your local farmers’ market or supermarket and see what they have going on the day and get those.
One of the easiest and more hands-off things to do is to coat the veggies (asparagus, broccoli and spring onions) in a little bit of oil and throw them in the oven for about 12 minutes or so to roast. If you have more time then feel free to grill the veggies on your bbq.
One of my favourite dips to serve with a vegetable plater is an avocado green goddess dip. Avocado and Greek yoghurt replace the mayonnaise. Plus, the green goddess dip is loaded with some lemon juice and herbs with gives it such a fresh, zesty, herby taste. The kind that goes perfectly with all those sweet grilled veggies. You can’t go wrong with this dip.
I think this spring vegetable platter would make a really great party or brunch centre piece – a bit of a wow your guest kind of thing. Something that is supremely easy and quick to put together as well as easy on the wallet.
Please do try it and if you do make it then please do tag me on Instagram or twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Spring Vegetable Platter And Avocado Green Goddess Dip! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Spring Vegetable Platter And Avocado Green Goddess Dip
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 bunches of tenderstem broccoli
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- Olive oil
- 2 bunches of radishes
- Sorrel leaves
- 1 large avocado peeled , destoned and roughly chopped
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) Greek yogurt
- 2 spring onions , roughly chopped
- 1 handful of fresh coriander , stalks removed
- 1 handful of parsley , stalked removed
- 80 ml (0.3 cup) olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Honey to taste
- Fire up your bbq or grill to medium.
- Brush the asparagus, tenderstem broccoli and spring onions with some oil and sprinkle on some salt.
- Grill the veggies for about 3-5 min on each side till they are starting to get tender but still retain some bite.
- Transfer to a serving platter along with the radishes, sorrel and mint.
- Make the green goddess dressing:
- Make the green goddess dressing by putting all the ingredients into a blender and blending into a smooth sauce
- To serve:
- Serve the spring vegetable platter with the green goddess dressing in the middle.
Please pin me: