Strawberries a comin and lucky me because it means I can make one of my favourite salads again and again and again. I thought about calling it a strawberry summer salad but I think strawberry and caramelised onion salad says it soooooooooooo much better.
Sweet juicy strawberries with lovely green beans topped with sweet caramelised onions and garlic plus a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It is simple really.
The quantities I give below are a guideline only and feel free to add as much or as little of which ever ingredient you have.
So grab your strawberries and make this salad, serve it with some crumbly cheese or grilled fish plus some warm crusty bread, find somewhere warm and summary to relax and just enjoy.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Strawberry and Caramelised Onion Salad! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
Strawberry and Caramelised Onion Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onion finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- Ground black pepper
- 100 g green beans topped and tailed
- 120 g (4oz) bag of mixed salad leaves
- 20 strawberries halved
- A balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Heat oil frying pan and add the onions, garlic some salt and pepper and fry slowly till they are caramelised.
- Cook green beans in some salted boiling water and when done drain and set aside to cool.
- In a salad bowl mix together the salad leaves, cooked beans, caramelised onion mix and top with strawberries.
- Drizzle on the balsamic vinaigrette dressing and serve.