And say hello to this ice cold strawberry frosé, aka frozen rosé cocktail slushy, aka the perfect drink for hot, hot, hot summer days. It is simply strawberries, sugar syrup, rosé and ice all blended together to make a light fruity slushy. One that is rather refreshing, even if I say so myself.
This is a really fun thing cocktail to whip up for friends. In fact, I have a plan to host a couple of girly bunches and girl’s night in, where the centerpiece will be a well-stocked fruity frosé bar and have treats like a watermelon frosé, a peach frosé and even a lime mango frosé. And any frosé combination we can come up with. My girlfriends are rather creative when it comes to making up drinks.
Although this strawberry frosé is very easy to make, it requires a little bit of forward planning. You have to freeze the wine, as well as prepare and cool the strawberry syrup ahead of time. The easiest thing is to do this overnight, so you just grab and mix whenever you need them the next day. Oh and tip moment here freeze the wine in ice cubes trays. This makes it much easier to decant into the blender and whizz up.
If you prefer non slushy cocktail recipes then why not try this rhubarb mojito or this raspberry mojito. Hopefully I have linked up something for everyone there. But if not, come back and let me know. I am sure I can go through the very hard process of finding you something.
Ok enough with the recipes now. Here is how to make a strawberry frosé cocktail. Please do try it and if you do make it, then please do tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or twitter so that I can pop over and have a look. It is really, really awesome for me when you make any one of my recipes.
Thank you for reading my strawberry frosé cocktail recipe post. Tune back in for more recipes, African recipes, Sierra Leonean recipes, travel plans and much, more.
Don't forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Strawberry Frosé! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I'd love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
- 750 ml (3 cups) bottle of rose shiraz wine
- For the strawberry syrup
- 100 g (0.5 cup) sugar
- 120 ml (0.5 cup) water
- 250 g strawberries hulled and sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Ice cubes to your taste.
- Freeze the wine:
- Freeze the wine overnight (preferable in ice cube trays).
- For the strawberry syrup:
- Make the syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat till the sugar is dissolved. Then switch off the heat, and add in the strawberries and leave till cool.
- Then blend into a smooth syrup and chill for at least 1 hr but preferably overnight.
- Make the strawberry frosé:
- Add all the ingredients including the lemon juice into a blender and blend into a slushy consistency before serving